ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Hey Kelly, ya I was talking about you and the g/w thing...just joking. I spent all my dough on the conversion and the 225 Yammie. Don't have any left for moorage this year, the new guy at Beachcomber put the rates up about 30% so I bought a $200 annual launch pass instead. Pain in the rear by yourself in fact I haven't even attempted it, I've always had a sub captain to park and then go thru the gate and onto the dock where I pick them up. There is also a chain and lock across the ramp now which is also a pain and now you can't park your trailer on the lower lot. Anyway I'll probably put her in next year or maybe get a deal for the winter. MrWood I live in Beachcomber and would definitely be keen on a few late bites. I'll send you a pm later. BRS

do you use a flasher with the spoon or just troll the spoon I have been having mixed success over the spoon and never thought until now to even ask lol! been working out fort mac area and am back for a week so anyoe having any success out french creek area any tips would really help me out!

I have been having good success fishing FC, using glow splatter back hootchies behind a blue UV flasher. Also, I am a big time user of the green/white spoon, 42" behind a UV flasher. Managed a 24lbs spring off that last setup two nights ago. Hope this helps.

TyeeMonstrausity

I fish the spoons about 5-6' back of the flasher. You want a longer leader when fishing spoons behind a flasher. I also fish the spoons by themselves but usually when I'm fishing less than a 100' down.

Fished French Creek yesterday. Caught and released a Pink at 40 feet and an shaker spring at 160 feet. Didn't see or hear of anything else boated.

12 pounder on the 16th and a 19.5 tonight. Outside of Wincheslea. 150 feet on a green and white coyote. A few taken shallower.

A little late to post but did make it out Mon. aft. with my sweetheart. It was her first time out this year and first time on the new boat. We did one pass at Gerald and the bait was jumpin out of the water but nothing. Looked to be very small herring in the top 50ft. Went to Ballenas for dinner and a swim and then started heading for Sangster when a bunch of dolphins came up behind the boat and were jumping in our wake. Got some great pics (maybe Kelly could help me with that). There must have been hundreds they were headed north, they went from Ballenas right accross to Sangster and were spread out and there were lots of young ones. Anyway no salmon but a really cool encounter with some pacific white sided dolphins.BRS

Heres the pics greg. Great shots. I heard a report of fish at sangster but will try to find more out. At gerald it is really small 2 inch herring. I tried trolling in the bait shallow to no luck.Last weekend i tried a 3 inch coyote spoon and had decent action while my go to splatter back hootchie was ignored.

delete-1.jpg

delete1.jpg

Heres the pics greg. Great shots. I heard a report of fish at sangster but will try to find more out. At gerald it is really small 2 inch herring. I tried trolling in the bait shallow to no luck.Last weekend i tried a 3 inch coyote spoon and had decent action while my go to splatter back hootchie was ignored.

delete-1.jpg

delete1.jpg

Wow! Those are pretty incredible Pics. I was out last night Off FC and hooked into two springs. Lost one to a seal:(, and landed the other which was 10 lbs.

TyeeMonstrausity

Wow! Those are pretty incredible Pics. I was out last night Off FC and hooked into two springs. Lost one to a seal:(, and landed the other which was 10 lbs.

TyeeMonstrausity

Pretty epic pics there kelly

mint pictures, Kelly! This reminds me of seein' the huge pod of those magificent creatures (over 50 of them) in the bay outside Port Hardy two summers back.

Hey TM, I was lucky I had my good camera with me, my old one got destroyed offshore on the Bamfield trip along with my cell phone. The local paper in Parksville did a short story with the pic. Were you using green/white coyote? Hope to get out this weekend. BRS

I didnt take these pics.BRS took them.I tried to find out more info on sangster and the best i got was that people were smoking them. Greg how did all your stuff get destroyed offshore haha?

Hey Kelly, it was rough and you know how I drive a boat!! We did manage to get our Hali though. Ya guys I took the pics and are too stupid/lazy/impatient to learn how to post them myself.Thanks again Kelly when you get home come over for a pop and show me how to do it.BRS

Fished the low slack yesterday for a couple hours around Gerald (east side) and picked up 2 nice springs while fishing solo. Smaller one around 17-18 and the bigger one 21-22lbs. One was caught on an anchovie/purple teaser head and the other on the famous 3.5" green & white coyote spoon. Was fishing 120 & 140'. Both beautiful red springs.

Back