Downrigger braid

tinboatrobb

Anyone have a recommendation for braid for downriggers off Amazon? Usually use power pro but looking to save a few $ if possible. Thanks.

Been doing some research on the same thing myself. Found some stuff from reaction tackle on Amazon. Not sure how the diameter compares to the power pro. Haven’t bought anything yet. Some have said to try Aliexpress. Never used it myself. Will probably try the reaction stuff.

Spend the money one Power Pro, you'll save money in the long run. I tried a different "premium" 200 lb braid, but would have break offs a couple times a year. Haven't had a problem since switching back to Power Pro.

Only takes losing one cannonball to eat up all your savings and them some.

I have used reaction for reels with no problem. Losing a ball and all is a 60$ bill. Just looking at options.

I have 200lb braid available by the foot guys if you'r interested. No complaints yet on it myself or anyone else who has got it from me.

In search of Power Pro 200 for my downriggers. Do you know where I can buy it around Vancouver?
Also, is high visibility (yellow) a bad idea? I found yellow on Amazon.
Thanks in advance.

In search of Power Pro 200 for my downriggers. Do you know where I can buy it around Vancouver?
Thanks in advance.

If it doesn’t interfere with catching fish, bright colours always make it easier to deal with tangles and other such problems.

My HP set came with colour coded braid, every 10 feet had a contrasting colour. It came in handy when a battery died without a replacement on board, was easy to count the depth while letting the line out.

Thanks in advance.
Bought my PowerPro Downrigger braid at Pacific Net and Twine in Richmond.

Back