DOWNRIGGER BRAID

Sr SQ

Been using braid for down rigger cable for many,many years now and have finally settled on a type that suits my needs best.
For me the ability to splice sections of hollow braid was more important than a slightly smaller diameter with the fused lines like Powerpro that must be knotted.
The hollow braid allows for a 100% line strength connection by doing a simple Chinese finger trap splice so if you accidentally loose a section of line you can simply add a length equal to what you lost in minutes.
After filling all the guys riggers that went in on this Im going to be selling off sections to members of SFBC for what we paid for it to recover some of the cost.
I will splice a loop on each end for you (12") and can cut to any length however, I wouldn't recommend putting on more than 350' as there have been reports of spools splitting from guys that have had excessive lengths of braid on their riggers.

350' = $30

fins.JPG

Last edited:
I have all the braid I need but great deal for someone...

Thx bigdogeh, yep its ridiculously cheap for premium braid and you can get custom lengths.

Fixit, Im on the mainland (maple Ridge) but depending on timing I get around a bit.
Shipping is no problem but it might be a bit cost prohibitive with Canada post?
Must be enough members traveling back and forth to make this work?
If a few guys on the rock want to get together and combine order then it wouldn't be too bad.
Shoot me a msg if any other questions.

some guys may want to think about keeping an amount just for spare even on your boats. I always keep enough to re-spool 1 downrigger on my boat now.. I remember having an older downrigger that kept losing balls (2) as the stainless line was corroded in weird spots causing weak area's. we couldn't afford to lose any more balls on that trip so had to buy some braid to replace the wire at a marina on the water. cost 85.00 for a 300' spool before tax I believe. I make sure I keep a spare 350' onboard now... 25.00 and 35.00 is a huge bargain. good on you Sr SQ for making a great deal available to the members here!

I would be interested in going in with others on the island if that can be arranged. Anywhere from Nanaimo to Courtenay would work for me.

Sounds good, just let me know how many and where to send.

I also have a doz 500lb BB coastlock snap swivels left over, these are a high quality swivel that retails about $7 each.
I will throw one in for each 350" long length of braid until they are gone.

Ok I will bite.
I will take 2 350 ft lengths if we can get a group purchase to the Island. I am in Mill Bay.

Sounds good, just let me know how many and where to send.

I also have a doz 500lb BB coastlock snap swivels left over, these are a high quality swivel that retails about $7 each.
I will throw one in for each 350" long length of braid until they are gone.
Pm sent

So the rock is up to 7 x 350 (2 x Bigdogg1, 3 x Policeman 44 and 2 x Fish Brain). Anyone else interested?

If it helps but if you guys want to get together a order of 10+ pieces I will pay the ride to one of your places and it can be distributed from there.
Not sure if thats doable for you guys just a thought.

i am going to nanaimo saturday morning, off the ferry 9:45 and can meet quickly on duke point highway

If it helps but if you guys want to get together a order of 10+ pieces I will pay the ride to one of your places and it can be distributed from there.
Not sure if thats doable for you guys just a thought.
I would happily pay my share of the freight. I was just thinking that it probably will cost the same to ship 10 as it will to ship one, perhaps with a group order we could keep this a sweet deal.

i am going to nanaimo saturday morning, off the ferry 9:45 and can meet quickly on duke point highway
Any chance you could meet him Policeman? Bigdogg and I would have to arrange pick up from you.

Got mine looks good. Thanks again!
Nice meeting you Solo, its guaranteed to increases your catch ratio :D

Noluck has a great offer on the table guys but I just had hernia surgery Mon and theres no way I can do that long of a car ride to drop them off for him so unless theres a way for us to hook up tomorrow on more mutual ground we will need to figure out a different plan.
My offer to cover the cost of shipping if someone else over there wants a couple is still an option also.

Back