Do you have a vacmaster? Quick question.

AndrewH

I am almost positive that my vacuum made it to the M, past the green section when I first got the machine… what does your machine get to?

Mine doesn’t get to the end of the green at this point.

Attachments

• 694E1AC4-B724-4633-91AD-4B17E7527868.jpeg
    694E1AC4-B724-4633-91AD-4B17E7527868.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 81
  • 5F021F42-AB27-4B5A-8380-2B0D296CC630.jpeg
    5F021F42-AB27-4B5A-8380-2B0D296CC630.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 80
I wish it was that easy…

Have a look at the pics, it reaches a point and then doesn’t get past that even with plenty of time left.
I have to do fish this am -will check for you-I suspect everything is fine on yours-probably the brand new seals when you first did it.

Gauges all read different and most likely Vac Master does not use high end gauges at this price point. Most likely the pump is provIding plenty of vacuum. A calibrated manometer would be needed to ascertain exactly what it is pulling down to.

Gauges all read different and most likely Vac Master does not use high end gauges at this price point. Most likely the pump is provIding plenty of vacuum. A calibrated manometer would be needed to ascertain exactly what it is pulling down to.
You could be correct but I think this comes under the heading "If it ain't broke don't fix it" There is a reason there is a green and yellow section on the gauges-If it is consistently at the same spot on the green--don't mess with it!!

You could be correct but I think this comes under the heading "If it ain't broke don't fix it" There is a reason there is a green and yellow section on the gauges-If it is consistently at the same spot on the green--don't mess with it!!
I take the seal all the way to 0.1 on the end of the green on my VacMaster VP 215 and have been doing that since I got it 10 years ago.
I never have inconsistence readings unless I take out the two filler boards for a deeper package. Seal level does not vary much. I do not change the settings,
Never had a problem. Change the oil every season and I think that is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
my vp230 is brand new and looks like yours does in your pic when vacuuming. I think your fine but could always keep monitoring it if you think your losing suction.

Back