Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

... and that 5 billion order just added to the challenge.

Looking forward to what Ford does.

The Ford Motor Company has laid out an ambitious plan to transform the company by the end of this decade. It has to transition to electric, autonomous and connected vehicles. And to get there it has to change the way the company operates. Lisa Drake, the chief operating officer for North America, talks about the changes the company will make, and the role that women can play in this transformation.

I guess people looks at Ford, gm and VW as dinosaurs. I don’t think we can count them out yet.
Yeah I mean they are actually car manufacturers who have built cars for… 100 years? Rivian is neat but as far as I know they don’t have a truck on the road yet.
How hard can it be for these dinos to transition to what appears to be a less complicated product?

Tesla have had cars on the road for less than 10 years and I would say they are the most common cars out there now. Not cheap either!
Chevy have been around for many, many decades, and their electric cars aren’t supposed to be plugged in indoors anymore as they tend to catch on fire.
I think rivian will take off in the truck market!

Tesla have had cars on the road for less than 10 years and I would say they are the most common cars out there now. Not cheap either!
Chevy have been around for many, many decades, and their electric cars aren’t supposed to be plugged in indoors anymore as they tend to catch on fire.
I think rivian will take off in the truck market!
You live in Victoria which is why you see so many . Tesla’s are not the most common car in any other town I’ve ever been . Im a fan of a Tesla but companies like Ford have fleet programs already in place with massive companies all over North America. I think these companies will switch over to the electric f150 wherever it makes sense which likely will make the ford sales skyrocket over Rivian and Tesla. The truck Tesla decided to go with is pretty unique and a lot of people would say ugly which may or may not hurt sales. If Tesla made a better looking truck I’d have one on order now.

You live in Victoria which is why you see so many . Tesla’s are not the most common car in any other town I’ve ever been . Im a fan of a Tesla but companies like Ford have fleet programs already in place with massive companies all over North America. I think these companies will switch over to the electric f150 wherever it makes sense which likely will make the ford sales skyrocket over Rivian and Tesla. The truck Tesla decided to go with is pretty unique and a lot of people would say ugly which may or may not hurt sales. If Tesla made a better looking truck I’d have one on order now.

Yeah, the Tesla truck will be popular with nerdy city people maybe. I think most people just want a truck which is why Rivian will do better in that market. And the new Ford looks pretty sweet. F150 is still the classic truck and that is what i'd like to buy.

Rivian has just recently started delivering their trucks after years and years of delays. Key for them will be how fast can they roll them out to get positive cash flow. As I understand it they are a billion in the hole.

As for non Tesla evs, I’m not sure. Tesla provides a complete ecosystem. Their cars are effectively an iPhone on wheels getting new updates regularly. Many owners say it’s like getting a new car at each update. If other Evs are simply buy what you get as you get, like the GM volt is, I can’t see that being an incentive.

on a side note, a friend of mine has a Tesla and she says she will never go back to an ICE car as they are dumb in comparison. Repairs are done remotely and if a physical visit is required, a technician will come to YOUR door. Very slick.

Ford has announced they'll double production from 40,000 in 2022 to 80,000 in 2023 model year. Sounds good, except for the fact that Ford has taken over 150,000 reservations for F150 Lightning. About 1 in 4 of us that reserved will get their EV truck next year.

So my boss that got a Tesla said they have been stripping out all the standard features.

he has to pay 400 bucks for the automatic garage door, he set it so when the Tesla gets within 3 meters of the garage it automatically opens

So my boss that got a Tesla said they have been stripping out all the standard features.

he has to pay 400 bucks for the automatic garage door, he set it so when the Tesla gets within 3 meters of the garage it automatically opens
That’s a terrible feature for me. I click the button from two driveways away so when I do a 180 e-brake slide into my garage it’s already open.

That’s a terrible feature for me. I click the button from two driveways away so when I do a 180 e-brake slide into my garage it’s already open.
Tried it once, only to find the battery in the remote had died as the door to the garage door erupted in pieces.

Back