Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Remember when the Internet was dial up only?. I remember trying to send an email and it would ring about 20 or 30 times then disconnect. I knew right then the Internet would never catch on.
Bang on. So much negative from the inherently conservative out there.

"There can't many charging stations out there, because I've never seen one."
"BCAA can't just roll up with a Jerry can and get you on your way."
"The battery pack will need to be replaced in a few years, what will that cost?"
"EV doesn't have the range for all of the trips I do."
"EVs don't have the infrastructure, they're just not ready."

Rivian planning their IPO at 70-80 billion valuation…. More than the value of GM

Should this go in the “hot stock tips” thread???? Or are they completely overvaluing themselves?

I have been waiting for this comparison of the policy of the different parties to come out. I'll just remark on one policy that has been on my mind since that darn electric mustang came out.
Liberal EV incentive is $5000
Conservative EV incentive is a rewards card for the carbon tax.
I did the calculation on when I would reach enough on rewards card and based on my low carbon lifestyle it would be in 208 years.
Your mileage may vary.
https://evsociety.sharepoint.com/si...W1zNXpDdFY1c1A3VHpTZz9ydGltZT1PbWN3VDZsMzJVZw

I have been waiting for this comparison of the policy of the different parties to come out. I'll just remark on one policy that has been on my mind since that darn electric mustang came out.
Liberal EV incentive is $5000
Conservative EV incentive is a rewards card for the carbon tax.
I did the calculation on when I would reach enough on rewards card and based on my low carbon lifestyle it would be in 208 years.
Your mileage may vary.
https://evsociety.sharepoint.com/sites/Everyone/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=/sites/Everyone/Shared Documents/External Shared/2021 Elections/EVSociety 2021 Federal Party Platform Comparison.pdf&parent=/sites/Everyone/Shared Documents/External Shared/2021 Elections&p=true&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9ldnNvY2lldHkuc2hhcmVwb2ludC5jb20vOmI6L3MvRXZlcnlvbmUvRWU3NnVTaXZmTnBMam42bWlPWTN2QWtCa1RxcjVXLW1zNXpDdFY1c1A3VHpTZz9ydGltZT1PbWN3VDZsMzJVZw
So maybe not driving your own personal vehicle as much is the true answer? Lol.

Reactions: GLG
Well with the delay of production from Covid-19 now over it looks like customers are set to receive their new trucks. This is about to get interesting.

Wow this is hilarious. Bolt owners should only park on the top level of an (open air) parade. AAAAND… park 50 feet away from other cars.

I’ll give Chevy my patented “sure bud!” On that one.

I seen one of these burning up on the coquihalla this summer. Molten metal dripping & black smoke...

Next to all the black burn marks from motorhomes that have burned there every summer since the road opened?

Next to all the black burn marks from motorhomes that have burned there every summer since the road opened?

No doubt. Or Tractor trailers even. Seem to see that every year. It was apocalyptic that day. Small fires everywhere. Mountains looking like volcanos with massive amounts of smoke bellowing from them & an orange sky. As I Crest the highest point I see a car that was litelery melting, and a lone pressure truck with a 2 " hose trying to keep it from spreading to the dry vegetation.

I am not picking on EV's. Just the Chevy Bolt. It's obviously not a chronic EV issue.

No doubt. Or Tractor trailers even. Seem to see that every year. It was apocalyptic that day. Small fires everywhere. Mountains looking like volcanos with massive amounts of smoke bellowing from them & an orange sky. As I Crest the highest point I see a car that was litelery melting, and a lone pressure truck with a 2 " hose trying to keep it from spreading to the dry vegetation.

I am not picking on EV's. Just the Chevy Bolt. It's obviously not a chronic EV issue.
Few years back I saw a Blazer on fire on the Coq . Couldn’t get over the irony of the name.

Back