Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Weird that they don’t honour the price that you signed up for. Have you seen any on the road? I thought I saw one yesterday but might have just been a customized f150

Edit: I just drove by one. Not much different looking than the regular f150. The daytime running lights look a little silly. Kind of looked like a fluorescent light after than a fancy led that you would expect
US buyers in the same boat are getting a Private Offer rebate from Ford that (almost) bridges the gap in price for each trim level, but Ford Canada so far aren't playing ball. I signed the order anyway and hope to convince them of their unfairness to those who laid down cash and signed on the dotted line. There's some letters and petitions being organized, social media blitz if that doesn't work. Could be a good story for Canadian media? - Canadian Ford Faithful Shut Out While US Buyers Receive Cash, or something like that.

They also wanted an extra $650 for a charging cable, which was included in 2022. Nuh uh, can get them after market for half that.

You will see more things no one will like coming up.

Ford work vans, 5 years worth of builds in the order bank......one of every 16 orders might get built. Ford added 20% to the costs....

We have seen two GMC cargo vans in the last 18+ months.

The huge companies back east get their product first.....

For MY2022, local dealer was told they could place up to 25 orders but their allocation was just 6 Lightnings. Was dealers choice how they decided which of the 50 reservations they had were invited to order. In the factory's hands after that, my electrical contractor buddy ordered exactly identical truck as me, his order got built but mine didn't.

Things get better for MY23, their allocation is 35 vehicles. So the 19 of us who missed out on 22 plus some others off the reservation list. Seems likely some would decline to roll over to the '23 order in light of the price hike. Not hard to view it as a bait and switch, although online reading seems to indicate it was Ford being timid 3 years ago when ordering critical components.

It is a "poop" show for sure.....

Way more orders than the manufacturers can handle.

Vehicles will be built, just not sure what model year many will see!

Tesla wait times seem like there back to being not bad, under 6 months. See lots on the road now in GVA.

Was down at Hyundai a week ago and while waiting went up to their show room. All the was in it was a ‘Sold Kona‘ and a 1985 Pony. We asked about the lack of stock and we’re told they were a couple of years behind for the new Ionique and weren’t even taking orders. Wife decided to just keep her current PHEV

Was down at Hyundai a week ago and while waiting went up to their show room. All the was in it was a ‘Sold Kona‘ and a 1985 Pony. We asked about the lack of stock and we’re told they were a couple of years behind for the new Ionique and weren’t even taking orders. Wife decided to just keep her current PHEV

yeah things will change fast if interest rates keep increasing and we hit a recession.

It is a "poop" show for sure.....

Way more orders than the manufacturers can handle.

Vehicles will be built, just not sure what model year many will see!

we have fleet trucks with over 300k km on them now, Been waiting on an order of 30 ram 1500s since 2020, They ended up cancelling i believe and switched to chevy silverados, Only a few have trickled in.

we are just ending up owning all our leased trucks now and that was not the case before covid. Would only end up owning the low milage ones.

trucks are ending up in the shop now for things like water pumps ect..

Last edited:
If you have patience, you will see what you want, or something close.

Crap time to be in the auto industry.
How do salespeople make any money when there's nothing to sell?

Build dates being released in October for the 2023 Lightnings, I'd be happy to see mine delivered by end of winter.

How do salespeople make any money when there's nothing to sell?

Build dates being released in October for the 2023 Lightnings, I'd be happy to see mine delivered by end of winter.

Salesman get paid on the profit in the deal. If they are good and have a good following of their clients, they can make some good coin....

That being said, just about all vehicles sold are factory orders and with wait times for most, you need a constant supply of your factory orders come in.

On the commercial side, the big boys back east (Amazon etc) get first shot at many of these.

It is a true feast or famine.

we have fleet trucks with over 300k km on them now, Been waiting on an order of 30 ram 1500s since 2020, They ended up cancelling i believe and switched to chevy silverados, Only a few have trickled in.

we are just ending up owning all our leased trucks now and that was not the case before covid. Would only end up owning the low milage ones.

trucks are ending up in the shop now for things like water pumps ect..

You order through one company, correct?

I have been putting in orders from different DEALERS to help me get the product that I want....hopefully!

I am with a group of commercial vehicle leasing. I feel lucky that I can go to any manufacturer to buy product, the downfall is like all on here, I have to pay retail if I find what I am looking for! So that means my "end" is a lot lower as far as pay goes....

Get ready when all the dust settles, it will be a totally different auto world from what we all are use to, not just the last 2+ years....

Most stores are like this. We sit on 7.5 acres in Burnaby. In new we probably have under 20 to sell, maybe 25-30 in used. 5 years ago in new and used, we had just over 750 vehicles.....

We have all staff parking on the lot....Skytrain is doing modifications, so we let them park.

Spread it all out to look good.

Next time you go by a bigger dealer, take a look, all new will be pushed out front, mid to rear areas for many are gohst towns!

I seen on the news that manufactures are getting so upset up dealers putting prices way above MSRP that they are thinking about dropping the traditional dealer model and going to like a tesla model is becoming more a possibility.

What i do know tho is this always has a tendency to work itself out

Lol. So he says he can only tow for 100miles before having to recharge every hour, and it takes 40 minutes to recharge. While I can see why that isn’t practical, on a long trip, I wonder if towing another vehicle 100 miles in an hour is something that’s recommended? Do the math Lol.

Before you laugh, remember billions of people use ICE vehicles in their worst use case every day: city commuting.

Before you laugh, remember billions of people use ICE vehicles in their worst use case every day: city commuting.
Agree people are looking for an immediate all or nothing solution. If a large portion of commuters could get by with electric vehicles ( no reason why not) then a substantial amount of ICE vehicles could be retired. The gas shortage that drives up the prices could be avoided and we could all be happy.

Back