Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

I thought the Silverado electric version was going to look like that but the ICE versions would have a more classic truck style. Totally different body styles similar to the gas mustang and the electric mustang

I thought the Silverado electric version was going to look like that but the ICE versions would have a more classic truck style. Totally different body styles similar to the gas mustang and the electric mustang
The one feature that really stood out to be was the 4 wheel steering

Definitely a disgrace to the name. But I still kind of want one. Slightly more money than a Model 3 but way better options and bigger car.

My sister just picked up her model Y. Non of the panels fit well, and interior pieces are falling off already within the first 2000 kms. She's a mensa level brainiac and is all over the software side of it all, which makes sense. Still, I'm on the sidelines awaiting for the hybrid 4runner or tacoma for my wife's next vehicle. Not ready for full ev quite yet.

My sister just picked up her model Y. Non of the panels fit well, and interior pieces are falling off already within the first 2000 kms. She's a mensa level brainiac and is all over the software side of it all, which makes sense. Still, I'm on the sidelines awaiting for the hybrid 4runner or tacoma for my wife's next vehicle. Not ready for full ev quite yet.
I’m going electric commuter and Cummins ram 3500. Best of both worlds and complete opposite ends of the spectrum because one vehicle can’t do it all. The payments on a mustang ev would be 40% less than my current diesel bill so it’ll be cheaper to have two vehicles in my circumstances

I’m going electric commuter and Cummins ram 3500. Best of both worlds and complete opposite ends of the spectrum because one vehicle can’t do it all. The payments on a mustang ev would be 40% less than my current diesel bill so it’ll be cheaper to have two vehicles in my circumstances

Once I can escape the hell of the city on a FT basis, I would seriously look at the hybrid Tundra for myself. I did just borrow my sister's e VLT Sight and it as unreal on the climb, another ev type of deal I am not quite ready for as they are heavy af on the down. Sounds like you have it dialed in well...

Something to think about. I’m sure it won’t sink in to most, the not in my back yard scenari.

Im not sure it’s possible but I think the perfect solution would be a 3500 diesel with a small battery pack in it. Something with a 40-60km range or so. Drive it back and forth to work on electric and then when you need to tow or go further just run the diesel. If that or something similar happens I will buy one.

Im not sure it’s possible but I think the perfect solution would be a 3500 diesel with a small battery pack in it. Something with a 40-60km range or so. Drive it back and forth to work on electric and then when you need to tow or go further just run the diesel. If that or something similar happens I will buy one.
Thats what plug in hybrids do. havent heard of a truck version yet though

Much frustration as I wait for my F150 Lightning. My dealer placed 25 orders and 6 went onto the factory build schedule. Mine was not one of them. Slight chance of an infill build to fill a schedule gap later in the year, but far more likely I'm bumped to a 2023 model.

Hard to watch all the excited first drive videos being posted on the Lightning owners forum. Fishing is all I have left now.

Back