Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Just to add.....be ready to re think any thoughts on how soon you will get your new ride. I am 9+ months in waiting on some Toyotas (Taco's). Check yesterday and they still can't give me an idea on when they will be built.

Corolla's are 4+ months to get. We went to Alberta and bought 10 to help us here.

High end like the new Corvette, being a larger dealer, we get a few more than most. Right now we have orders for 30....seems this means a possible 5 year wait....yes, really. Some dealers will sell you one, but you will be paying $25-$30K over MSRP (full list), plud document fees etc.

Just to add.....be ready to re think any thoughts on how soon you will get your new ride. I am 9+ months in waiting on some Toyotas (Taco's). Check yesterday and they still can't give me an idea on when they will be built.

Corolla's are 4+ months to get. We went to Alberta and bought 10 to help us here.

High end like the new Corvette, being a larger dealer, we get a few more than most. Right now we have orders for 30....seems this means a possible 5 year wait....yes, really. Some dealers will sell you one, but you will be paying $25-$30K over MSRP (full list), plud document fees etc.
Thanks for the info, that’s helpful.

Starting to see a few dealers adding on "delivery cost"......:mad:
Yep mine did. $1500. But didn't add the classic "documentation" scammy charge. Call it a push. Seller's market.

I hope many people keep in mind the people who tried to over charge...... even as a dealer, I have a list of those who are trying to take advantage of this market....

I hope many people keep in mind the people who tried to over charge...... even as a dealer, I have a list of those who are trying to take advantage of this market....
The glory days of dealerships making beaucoup bucks in the service department are coming to an end, they'll need to make more on the sales side once EV is the main volume. No oil changes, a fraction of the moving parts. Not even brake pad changes, well, maybe once every 400,000 km or so.

The glory days of dealerships making beaucoup bucks in the service department are coming to an end, they'll need to make more on the sales side once EV is the main volume. No oil changes, a fraction of the moving parts. Not even brake pad changes, well, maybe once every 400,000 km or so.

will charge thousands for software “upgrades”

or of course for a monthly fee of only 19.99

Yep there's going to be a new kind of service. Want more range? Better buy it through the app. They will get to charge money for upgrades and your car won't even have to leave the driveway.

Just a guess, but will be a long time before electric take over anything!
I know you're in the biz and very well informed. However, I think in the next 5-10 years we will see a major shift, predominantly in the commuter vehicle market. My wife drives a 2015 Mazda and has indicated that her next vehicle will definitely be an electric. This is the same sentiment for a lot of people in our network. I feel a lot of consumers will go this route. I believe the major limitations are going to be in vehicles that are required to haul any significant load or have to travel distances in excess of a couple hundred kilometres with any regular frequency. The electrics don't have the capacity to work at this point.

Finally: The All-Electric Rivian R1T Takes On The World's Toughest Towing Test!

I know you're in the biz and very well informed. However, I think in the next 5-10 years we will see a major shift, predominantly in the commuter vehicle market. My wife drives a 2015 Mazda and has indicated that her next vehicle will definitely be an electric. This is the same sentiment for a lot of people in our network. I feel a lot of consumers will go this route. I believe the major limitations are going to be in vehicles that are required to haul any significant load or have to travel distances in excess of a couple hundred kilometres with any regular frequency. The electrics don't have the capacity to work at this point.

Finally: The All-Electric Rivian R1T Takes On The World's Toughest Towing Test!

yep next family driver will be electric or plug in electric.

That guy was obnoxious.

BRP has announced their electric motorcycle Can-Ams. Gonna be lots of these cruising around town.

Back