DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

If I was running up to Barkley or Fino I would completely ignore that. Planing hulls don't get on plane until 15mph if it's propped right. 18 most the time. 20 to 30 is proper running speed for a planing sport boat. These guys are out of their minds. Cover no ground, burn all your fuel and risk of endangering humans

Don't think you guys have been looking at the maps showing the slow down areas. I can see a few good routes that one could use to dodge the slow zones on that run.

Don't think you guys have been looking at the maps showing the slow down areas. I can see a few good routes that one could use to dodge the slow zones on that run.

Seriously what is your angle? It's almost like your defending the liberal crap that is doing as they please no matter the science or what anyone else says. Almost like your a part of it somehow. Do you sit on any of these panels?

You would have to run 10 miles offshore to go around that. What a joke

I'm actually nervous to display on here, what I've seen as far as the whales go. Where they hang out, travel, where they rub their bellies on the shoreline and beaches, the route they usually take. I've spent alot of time in the gulf islands and from vic all the way up to the northern straight. Seen these whales thousand times. Some environmentalist might use it to create further closures. That's why I didn't sign the petition. It was worded as if they made a mistake and furthermore need to move it to the area specified in the petition. I dunno. CANADA is really starting to tick me off.

I'm actually nervous to display on here, what I've seen as far as the whales go. Where they hang out, travel, where they rub their bellies on the shoreline and beaches, the route they usually take. I've spent alot of time in the gulf islands and from vic all the way up to the northern straight. Seen these whales thousand times. Some environmentalist might use it to create further closures. That's why I didn't sign the petition. It was worded as if they made a mistake and furthermore need to move it to the area specified in the petition. I dunno. CANADA is really starting to tick me off.
Does any of this make any sense.NO The liberals can say they are doing something to protect whales The crazy green groups can say they made the government do it and in turn get more donations from the ill informed public. Is it good science or does it make sense ? Could say the exact same thing about the current fishing regs.

Does any of this make any sense.NO The liberals can say they are doing something to protect whales The crazy green groups can say they made the government do it and in turn get more donations from the ill informed public. Is it good science or does it make sense ? Could say the exact same thing about the current fishing regs.
Who said any of this makes sense....or that there is strong scientific evidence to support efficacy of these santuaries - its politics.

Seriously what is your angle? It's almost like your defending the liberal crap that is doing as they please no matter the science or what anyone else says. Almost like your a part of it somehow. Do you sit on any of these panels?

You would have to run 10 miles offshore to go around that. What a joke
Here's my angle.....Not suggesting I believe the slow down measure is a good thing at all.

My "angle" is to encourage people who want to do some homework and fashion well reasoned constructive reasons why this particular measure is a bad safety issue for small vessels there is a process to do that. Encourage folks to make their views known, but also to make sure we don't make claims that enlarge the points beyond what is really solid advice. Decision makers are more influenced by well reasoned fair-minded points to back the advice offered. If we fluff things up, good points are lost in the mix.

So I'm suggesting when advancing feedback to Transport Canada avoid trying to fluff up claims - instead really challenge our thinking to keep things as objective and fair-minded as possible and stick to facts.

Some examples:

There are no alternative routes to run the coast. Factual? maybe not.

Small vessels cannot run at 10 kts safely. Factual?

Small vessels are not at any risk of collision with a whale - Factual?

Here's my angle.....Not suggesting I believe the slow down measure is a good thing at all.

My "angle" is to encourage people who want to do some homework and fashion well reasoned constructive reasons why this particular measure is a bad safety issue for small vessels there is a process to do that. Encourage folks to make their views known, but also to make sure we don't make claims that enlarge the points beyond what is really solid advice. Decision makers are more influenced by well reasoned fair-minded points to back the advice offered. If we fluff things up, good points are lost in the mix.

So I'm suggesting when advancing feedback to Transport Canada avoid trying to fluff up claims - instead really challenge our thinking to keep things as objective and fair-minded as possible and stick to facts.

Some examples:

There are no alternative routes to run the coast. Factual? maybe not.

Small vessels cannot run at 10 kts safely. Factual?

Small vessels are not at any risk of collision with a whale - Factual?

Well said, I agree

Yes
Yes
Yes

Those are the best points I can think of. Human safety. Efficiency is safety as well. Bigger boats only do 10 knots so won't effect them.

Charts.....we look at charts. 4 miles off the beach puts you out in the tidal slop if you go around the slowdown. Additionally exposed to weather also. Running slow is possible however comes with increased risk and unforeseen dangers. Chances of striking an Orca while enroute is unheard of in a small vessel. Is there any evidence of such interaction with a small vessel?

Attachments

• 16518827834724810978433258739650.jpg
    16518827834724810978433258739650.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

I see, a big push for fish farms.
Any of those still closing or will it be they have to be there now to supply salmon for markets because the wilds are protected from recreational anglers?

No perfect scientific data but salmon declines just so happen to coincide with fish farms starting in BC. Just a fluke.
But they will blame global warming - that only started at the same time as fish farms.
Pinniped over population which did start at about the same time.
That nasty Norwegian/Atlantic virus erupted on this coast, but osmosis or some other method other than FF.

Pretty soon folks won't be able to go swimming because the nice orcas decide to start with a new food source :D

Wasn't there just a UBC study that stated the salmon were not the cause for Orca's not eating, that there were plenty of them?

Charts.....we look at charts. 4 miles off the beach puts you out in the tidal slop if you go around the slowdown. Additionally exposed to weather also. Running slow is possible however comes with increased risk and unforeseen dangers. Chances of striking an Orca while enroute is unheard of in a small vessel. Is there any evidence of such interaction with a small vessel?
A few years ago while fishing, the whales just came over to my boat within 10 yards (meters), they were greys but they scooped up a bunch of fish and proceeded. I had no time to shut down. Was I wrong?

Turn down language

Try this video of Orca surfing in ships wake. One of our guys took this in Haro Strait a few years back. It depicts more typical interactions with Orca. I've been doing this 40 years, never ever have I been concerned with striking a whale.

I've solved why the DFO thinks the SF is taking all the chinook from the killers whales, the DFO app thinks everything is a chinook Screenshot_20220508-085859_FishingBC.jpg

Oh my that is a new low. The ENGO's are wrecking my home...guess I better tell the Canadian government.
I'm not even sure how we can win, Joyce Murrey is so deeply involved with GreenPac, from what I can tell, they are the political arm of the extinction rebellion, think greenpac as the **** party and the extinction rebellion are the brown shirts on the street you see blocking the second narrows every week. These people are so radicalized and believe it's their life purpose to save the world, which makes them so dangerous and impossible to deal with. Joyce is right there with Elisabeth May, they have entrenched themselves in our schools, politics and media. Our nation, our resources, even our culture is being hijacked by these insane radicals. My apologies if im repetitive, but I want to get it out how dangerous these groups have become, most people are reasonable, their first instinct is to assume others are reasonable, so they dismiss this idea radicalization, we will often say " well how bad can they be, they just want to save a few trees, fish or whales, that's not a bad thing right " I wish this was just the case, they want to dismantle Canada and re organize it. https://nationalpost.com/news/extinction-rebellion-is-way-more-radical-than-you-think

Attachments

• piZap_1652263109912.jpg
    piZap_1652263109912.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 13
I'm not even sure how we can win, Joyce Murrey is so deeply involved with GreenPac, from what I can tell, they are the political arm of the extinction rebellion, think greenpac as the **** party and the extinction rebellion are the brown shirts on the street you see blocking the second narrows every week. These people are so radicalized and believe it's their life purpose to save the world, which makes them so dangerous and impossible to deal with. Joyce is right there with Elisabeth May, they have entrenched themselves in our schools, politics and media. Our nation, our resources, even our culture is being hijacked by these insane radicals. My apologies if im repetitive, but I want to get it out how dangerous these groups have become, most people are reasonable, their first instinct is to assume others are reasonable, so they dismiss this idea radicalization, we will often say " well how bad can they be, they just want to save a few trees, fish or whales, that's not a bad thing right " I wish this was just the case, they want to dismantle Canada and re organize it. https://nationalpost.com/news/extinction-rebellion-is-way-more-radical-than-you-think
We need radical change in this country sorry if its not what you want but its what is needed. It wont come from this government or the other government though so you're really wasting your time blaming a minister for something that isn't even happening or going to happen with this government. Fishing regulations are made by managers and they don't care how radical a minister is they have their own agenda they either withhold information or guide the information to the minister and it gets signed as it always has. Wake up stop believing garbage in the national post its a radical right wing rag for easily influenced folks.

How can an environmentalist get elected for a minister of Fisheries ? Makes no sense.

People need to make decisions based on education, not personal or religious beliefs. In any sort of government

We need radical change in this country sorry if its not what you want but its what is needed. It wont come from this government or the other government though so you're really wasting your time blaming a minister for something that isn't even happening or going to happen with this government. Fishing regulations are made by managers and they don't care how radical a minister is they have their own agenda they either withhold information or guide the information to the minister and it gets signed as it always has. Wake up stop believing garbage in the national post its a radical right wing rag for easily influenced folks.

Aaron?

Back