Derby's Canuck emporium

We could win that series... ;)

Really? I can't see them winning any series. That is assuming they even make the playoffs. Given their current lack of scoring it doesn't look good. As much as I liked Schnieder, I don't see goaltending as the issue. Hopefully a Burrows return will bring positive results, although he has been struggling this year even when healthy. Torts is trying to play a physical game with a bunch of finess players. Not working out so good so far.

Well someone thinks Gillis is brilliant :)

Gillis is the one who got us into this mess. Back to old school hockey is the key to winning in the league as it is officiated now. The run of obstuction fouls has dried up. Speed doesn't win hockey games when you are on your A$$ all the time. You need old school players to play a gritty tough game. It all starts with the GM's vision. We need a new vision!

The usual Canuck jab slump. The good news is they have enough of a cushion they will make it into the playoffs but drawing Anaheim in first round. The Olympics should give them a good rest.

Four point cushion and Minny has 2 games at hand. I wouldn't be feeling overly confident if I were you. I can all change overnight, just not sure which way the ship is pointing.

Really? I can't see them winning any series. That is assuming they even make the playoffs. Given their current lack of scoring it doesn't look good. As much as I liked Schnieder, I don't see goaltending as the issue. Hopefully a Burrows return will bring positive results, although he has been struggling this year even when healthy. Torts is trying to play a physical game with a bunch of finess players. Not working out so good so far.

I think I got a bite...:)

If the Canuckleheads do not go on a winning streak for the next five games then it is time to just start booking tee times. Look at the schedule, flame outs, coilers for 2, predators I think and yotes. IMHO was a mistake to lock the sisters up long term, 33 years old now, maybe a 2 year deal option on a third at best but to old to have around that long and think you are going to build a team around them, time to rebuild is more like it. If you had Cody and Raymond in the line up you would have won a lot of these 1 goal games. My rant for the day :)

I agree with you, I would not have resigned the Sedins. Gillis should be fired for the way he handled the Loungo deal and then giving Schneider away for a draft pick that may never pan out. With our draft record who knows. To keep the Sedins means you're trying to win now. If that's the case you don't ship Schneider out for a song you look for a top 6 forward who can score and help you now.

A very easy win for Nucks tonight. 6-1

I have a feeling the Flames are going to win tonight.

I guess this is one of those "I was watching a fight and a hockey game broke out" games....?

The Canucks have fallen right into the Flames goon trap. I thought they were more intelligent than this. Ok, so you don't start your first line against their goons, start the second line, let Calgary look like a bunch of basement dwelling morons and take a couple of idiot penalties and start off with a a power play, maybe even score a goal in January!!! Tortorella walked right into Hartley's plan and now looks like a complete buffoon. I guess it was only a matter of time until he went off the deep end.

Time for a trade......(as in trade general managers.....for ........well....for almost anyone)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun game to watch I enjoyed it. Maybe not the best call by Tort going to the Calgary dressing room but it may hit his pocket book time will tell

Back