Derby's Canuck emporium

I can't believe how well the Sedin's played tonite against the Ducks, they were awesome, i like the way they took control of the game and dominated the play! The Canucks are so lucky to have them at such a bargain. Hope they can keep it going, there are on a roll.

Oh my, that is the best impersonation of the Leafs I have seen this year, na I take that back even the leafs don't look that bad. Good thing the sedins are locked up for a few more years. This new tough style of play is working real good for them, but I think scoring goals wins you more games :)

Ouch... I do believe the Ducks served up fresh roasted Nuck's for dinner last night...lets hope the coyote's don't feast on the left over tonight.... ;)

We need to export some imports and find more good home grown products! As I have said before I still would rather have a set of twins with the name Linden on their jerseys. Maybe not as talented but they would play their best hockey when it counts.

We need to export some imports and find more good home grown products! As I have said before I still would rather have a set of twins with the name Linden on their jerseys. Maybe not as talented but they would play their best hockey when it counts.

I agree. When the cup is on the line. Only the strong survive.

That 7 minute 5 on 3 was a big F U from the refs. I guess the Canucks are still the most hated team. They even had a chance to even it up a little later on but nope just Canuck penalties.

I agree with what you posted GDW.....we didn't lose that game because of the refs but man not sure were there heads were??

It was all about idiot control. If you don't call it suspensions for sure. Pretty hard to let em play when only one team shows up.

Speculation on the net is that the Sedins have become largely ineffective under Tortorella-basically he has NFC what he's doing with them.

Your thoughts?

I'd speculate the sedins became largely ineffective AFTER they signed their new contract.

They were rolling along good to start the season then the contract was signed and now... Where'd they go?

Getting some points but hardly dominating the play which they should be able to do most times even without burrows.

I'd speculate the sedins became largely ineffective AFTER they signed their new contract. They were rolling along good to start the season then the contract was signed and now... Where'd they go?
Point taken we see that all the time with new contracts league wide.

I was thinking today a perfect song the nucks would be " California Dreaming" .. :)

Lets see if they're awake for tonight's game... ;)

This is back to boring Canuck hockey. No flow, no crisp passes/breakouts, no pp, very few grade a scoring chances as no one has any scoring finish. Sorry this team looks tired and done. Mike Gillis what are you doing to earn your keep? What success story on personal does he have since he took over?

Mike Gillis is one of the worst GM's in the league. Look at his track record. It's a joke. Ballard, Luongo debacle, trading Grabner, trading Hodgson who is ripping it up for the worst team in the NHL, Booth, draft record is horrendous. He will be fired 100% if canucks don't make playoffs or if they are out in first round. If not, I'll throw away my jersey and send the video of it to the Aquilini's.

The usual Canuck jab slump. The good news is they have enough of a cushion they will make it into the playoffs but drawing Anaheim in first round. The Olympics should give them a good rest.

Back