Cuts of meat on sale

lol, @IronNoggin had me looking at the prime rib and wondering where the heck you find pork loins like that.
Has anyone seen good fatty pork recently, sausage making season is upon us.
Nice buck!!

No Frills has pork shoulders on for $1.99, so I grabbed a few as I need some for the 35 lbs of whitetail trim I will be making into summer sausage and pepperoni.

Cheers

SS

They say they (Save On) will Price Match.
Show the the Quality Foods flyer and call them on that...

At our local Save On, I simply asked the butcher to cut to the sizes I wanted.
He did so ASAP.
Also worth a shot...

Cheers
Ah man I didn't think of that price match part. These were the biggest ones they had though for sure. It's the size they bring them in at he said.

Was working at a Save on today they had a few good size prime rib roasts in the back asked the meat guy to price out the 4 bone roast and was 160. A bit rich for me I think. Looked good though
Which one?

Nice buck!!

No Frills has pork shoulders on for $1.99, so I grabbed a few as I need some for the 35 lbs of whitetail trim I will be making into summer sausage and pepperoni.

Cheers

SS
Nice, thanks!
That will be terrific, I got a pre-rut yearling Whitey as well, ground the trim as too good for sausage.

Comparison, US to Canadian Prices.

Just picked up the $5 Friday Safeway Flyer for Oahu.
Most meats are on sale, but there is not too much Prime (AAA) if any, for sale anywhere and all most all beef is Choice.
I tried some tenderloin Choice steaks, and they were excellent, but the striploin steaks and ribs were tough.

Rib roasts are $5.97us or $7.80lb Canadian.
Ham are $.97us or $1.30lb Canadian.
Both were shipped in from California.

You cannot compare grain feed with corn feed beef. I miss AB, AAA meats.

Attachments

• rib roast $5.97.jpg
    rib roast $5.97.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Ham $.97lb.jpg
    Ham $.97lb.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 12
Back