Cuts of meat on sale

Country Grocer in Cobble Hill has outside round and pork loins on sale.
I grabbed a loin and cut it into one inch chops. Vac packed two per pack and it’s 11 meals for me and mrs fish brain for about $2 each.

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 29
Went to Fairway Market in Langford today to pick up some Campbells soup. 12 cans for $11.99
Went over and checked out the steaks on sale and they looked great with nice marbling.
Porterhouse, T-Bones are $9.99lb $22.02kg
Beef loin wing steaks $19.82kg

Then to Thrifty Foods and picked up some nice meaty back ribs for $3.99lb.
They also had side ribs for $2.99lb.

Attachments

• Fairway T-Bone.jpg
    Fairway T-Bone.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Fairway wing loin steak.jpg
    Fairway wing loin steak.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Thrifty back ribs.jpg
    Thrifty back ribs.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 38
I have no idea how that Prime Rib at Safeway got it's second A, or even it's first, for that matter. Pure garbage. I went to 6 stores to find a decent steak last week. Even Columbus had very few nice cuts. The ones they did have, weren't worth the money. Where does someone buy a nice steak these days for less than $50kg

I have no idea how that Prime Rib at Safeway got it's second A, or even it's first, for that matter. Pure garbage. I went to 6 stores to find a decent steak last week. Even Columbus had very few nice cuts. The ones they did have, weren't worth the money. Where does someone buy a nice steak these days for less than $50kg
Costco? It’s a valid question. Columbus is usually our go-to. Famous Foods has pretty good deals and might be able to do custom cut. Quality is decent, they usually have grass-fed, but grass-fed isn’t necessarily as good.

Costco? It’s a valid question. Columbus is usually our go-to. Famous Foods has pretty good deals and might be able to do custom cut. Quality is decent, they usually have grass-fed, but grass-fed isn’t necessarily as good.
I think Costco is the play, I just don't need that much. We eat a nice steak about once a month.

Might have to go vegan

Back