Cuts of meat on sale

Wondering on the whole roasts too...

Black Angus are a breed of cattle:

bull-Black-Angus.jpg
So not a grading by any means?

Independent Foods in Comox has AAA Prime Rib for $8.89 a pound! No limits so I got 8 nice roast for $239…..can’t beat that! Thank god for the VacMaster VP215. :)
Independent Foods on Davie street in Vancouver was well stocked. It's just my wife and I so we don't need big roasts. I managed to get ten 1.5 - 2.3 Kg roasts, they're now vacuum packed and in the freezer.

Independent Foods on Davie street in Vancouver was well stocked. It's just my wife and I so we don't need big roasts. I managed to get ten 1.5 - 2.3 Kg roasts, they're now vacuum packed and in the freezer.
Sonofabitch. I'M GOING BACK!

They cut their roasts smaller in that store because of the neighborhood, mostly singles and couples , fewer families.

1255 Davie St, Vancouver, BC V6E 1N4

Super store has whole beef tenderloins on sale for 12.99 lb it says AAA but probably more like AA, they average in size from $80's up to $115 or so. I bought 1 yesterday and thru the end piece on the bbq for dinner last night, definitely very tender and fairly tasty, wife and daughter really liked theirs , I prefer the rib eyes from stongs or thriftys for flavor. all in all it's a good bang for your buck though, I was a bit leery as I'd bought 1 on sale there a couple of years ago and was really disappointed as the meat seemed almost mushy and mot very tasty for a tenderloin, this one was much more firm and much better but definitely not the quality you'd get elsewhere. there wasn't much fat to trim off so it's pretty much all meat, at least the one I got, I picked thru a few they had a lot of them, I was at the n. van. seymour store.

Walmarty has AAA Prime Rib roasts for $9.99 a pound. Beautiful roast at a great price. The nicest that I have ever seen at Wallmarty…… Nicer then the ones I recently purchased at Quality Foods for $8.99 a pound. Picked up a few more!

Walmarty has AAA Prime Rib roasts for $9.99 a pound. Beautiful roast at a great price. The nicest that I have ever seen at Wallmarty…… Nicer then the ones I recently purchased at Quality Foods for $8.99 a pound. Picked up a few more!

Oddly enough not listed on their website.
Even odder when I called they said that was last week?

Whassup?

I purchased mine at the Courteney store. The cooler was full to the top with lots of larger ones in the 5/6 lb. range.

Maybe its just called Angus beef lol my bad, yes whole roast, still on sale was just there today at the Walmart in Courtenay, they had lots.
There are Black and Red Angus. The Black Angus breeders had a huge marketing campaign back in the 90's

Back