Cuts of meat on sale

They also have Tri tip on for 8.99. This cut is awesome. I have never seen it here but very popular in the states. I spent some time in Santa Maria, CA where the tri tip sandwich was invented and just about every grocery store parking lot has some cooking over white oak.

They also have Tri tip on for 8.99. This cut is awesome. I have never seen it here but very popular in the states. I spent some time in Santa Maria, CA where the tri tip sandwich was invented and just about every grocery store parking lot has some cooking over white oak.
Yeah definitely a California cut. Little too lean for me. I couldn't seem to order anything else online from the flyer.

Just back from the Victoria Walmart, and they had just brought out some large Pork Side Ribs and filled up an open-top fridge. $2:00 a pound.

Not meat, but they also had 6L jugs of Old Dutch lq. Laundry detergent for $4.99 a jug.

Yeah definitely a California cut. Little too lean for me. I couldn't seem to order anything else online from the flyer.
Smoke it like you would a brisket and it stays moist and full of flavor. Cooked to hot and/or long and it can dry out real quick. Funny thing is with our Canadian beef grading system I always end up searching through all the packages from multiple stores when they have sales on cause you will see a difference in marbling even when they are supposed to all be a certain grade like AA or AAA. This is really noticeable especially when rib roasts go on sale. Huge difference in marbling and the fats around the lean parts. And some will be cut from the chuck end and some from the loin end so I watch for that too when it comes to the rib roasts. Tri Tips we don't see too often but I love the beef flavor from them so I always stock up on them. When I see them on sale I grab them for my homemade burger grinds cause the beef flavor in the tri tip is great. Just need to make sure there is still enough fat in the grind mix to make good burgers. I do 75/25 mix usually. If using more leaner beef cuts then I'll add a few slices of my homemade bacon to the burger mix to moisten it up.
One of our all time favorite burger grinds I did was tri tip, sirloin, chuck, rib roast trimmings when I cut the roasts into steaks, and a few strips of homemade apple bacon. Will be doing another one of these grinds this weekend.

Back