Cuts of meat on sale

those look awesome, what approximate size are your cubes, I'm curious as you do an internal temp on the cubes? or are you cubing it after you smoke them the 1st time? I'm going to try this tomorrow.
cubes are approximately 1" square. Then yes internal temp on the cubes. By smoking the cubes you get a lot more rub and smoke flavour in them, than if you were to smoke the whole thing and then cube them.

Pretty simple. Cube the belly, rub with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Smoke at 260 for about 4 hours or until internal temp of 200. Then throw them in a pan with bbq sauce and back on the smoker for 20 mins or so.
Thanks Skins! I’ll give it a try.

I smoked one of the save on foods whole briskets on a pellet grill last weekend and the quality was great. It was top 3 I've ever had

I smoked one of the save on foods whole briskets on a pellet grill last weekend and the quality was great. It was top 3 I've ever had
Did you get one of the smaller ones? The flats seemed pretty thin. I'm guessing it'll be a short smoke on those.

Anybody seen any briskets on sale anywhere?
I picked one up the other day at Country Grocer. It wasn't on sale, I think it was in the $80.00 range. They get fresh meat supplies on Wednesday, so if you go in Thursday morning, you can get a whole one before they cut it into other bits.

SOF has NZ rack of lamb on sale, 2 for 1. The ones I picked up worked out to be $10 each.
Thanks for the heads up on the racks of lamb.
Went to one of the SOF and they were sold out and no more coming in. Went to the next closes store and they had 20 packages remaining so I purchased my 6 racks. Total cost $66. The meat department said they have been flying out the door.
I also saw they had Schneider's 700 gr hams 2 for 1 and three different types. Worked of to be $8.35 per ham or $1.20/100gr. So I also got a few of them.

Back