Cuddy floor freshen up

Delray

Ripped the carpet out of the cuddy on the floor and around the toilet ( cuz that’s just gross) with the idea of sanding and putting a coat of paint down so the areas will be easier to clean. Thought I’d throw it out to see if others could recommend a decent paint( I was just going to use bilgekote white because it was recommended and I don’t know paint)
The areas don’t need to be perfectly smooth but I would like them to not look too redneck either ( no offence to any rednecks), and I also don’t want to have to sand it all off because I put the wrong stuff on.
Any other ideas or recommendations appreciated.

B641709D-4AED-450D-85D6-AB69686C4994.jpegCE97E8C1-9802-4970-AA13-1BEB6DCAF5A0.jpeg

my first thought is something urethane based. we were painting bare concrete with the stuff back in the day and it dries with an almost “ plastic” finish. just go to a decent paint store and ask them their opinion. or that industrial plastics place

Kiwi grip or go with an epoxy primer and Eva foam it’s surprisingly durable and great for bare feet areas.

Bilge coat is surprisingly a nice product. Dries similar to a urethane where a clear forms ontop. Which makes it easy to clean. Holds up to cleaners and oils and solvents as well. It's cheap too.

I'll agree with others and say do both.Paint with bilge coat and order EVA for your floor area. Both are good products, EVA will look good longer than walking on paint.

Thanks for the replies. i ripped out the “bulkhead. (which does not seem structural) Between the sleeping area and wiring bulkhead. The guy at industrial plastics figured I could use gel coat thickened with polyfil to fill any low spots then put a top coat or two of gel coat on top. Does this sound reasonable? I am assuming waxed gel coat ( which is what he recommended) would have to be sanded between coats?

Thanks for the replies. i ripped out the “bulkhead. (which does not seem structural) Between the sleeping area and wiring bulkhead. The guy at industrial plastics figured I could use gel coat thickened with polyfil to fill any low spots then put a top coat or two of gel coat on top. Does this sound reasonable? I am assuming waxed gel coat ( which is what he recommended) would have to be sanded between coats?
I'd wipe with acetone,sand, rewipe with acetone,recoat.

That looks great. Plasteak, I’ll look it up. Will probably go with something that has some cushion on the floor that is removable. I put white gel coat down. Looks ok, a second coat should do it. Had something go wrong in one section, didn’t set up, thought it was clean enough, maybe not mixed well enough? Live and learn, anyway spent today sanding it off and putting more down. Fun

good choice using gel coat... that bilge coat seems to last 3 or 4 years then start to peel. sometimes this time of year you need a heat gun to set the reaction off.

Back