2017 Campion 542 cuddy leak

I have the same boat maybe one or two years newer. I believe if my poor memory doesn’t fail me that there is passage from the cuddly to the bilge. I was able to remove the plywood in the cuddy under the door. With that removed you can access under the step down outside the door. I believe from there, there is some drain hole that then would lead down the hull to the bilge.
Hope this is not confusing. Once I finish my renovation and get my boat back home, I will try to take some pictures.
I found I had to really raise the nose of the trailer to drain any water that would accumulate
I believe I know what you are referring to. I also removed that small plywood surround under the door and basically stood on my head in the cuddy to look back under the step down area. What I could see is a drain connection that services the step down area in the cockpit. I.e. the small drain in the step down flows through a hose and towards the bilge through another sealed connection. It does that to keep any water in the cockpit step down area from flowing into the cuddy. Makes sense but I was not able to see any other drain that services the actual cuddy. It’s a very tight area so just might not be able to see a drain hole. Cheers.

I believe I know what you are referring to. I also removed that small plywood surround under the door and basically stood on my head in the cuddy to look back under the step down area. What I could see is a drain connection that services the step down area in the cockpit. I.e. the small drain in the step down flows through a hose and towards the bilge through another sealed connection. It does that to keep any water in the cockpit step down area from flowing into the cuddy. Makes sense but I was not able to see any other drain that services the actual cuddy. It’s a very tight area so just might not be able to see a drain hole. Cheers.
This photo is from the floor of the cuddy looking towards the stern. The drain line is the one servicing the step down area and then exiting towards the bilge.

Attachments

• 3E79A465-3C74-4677-A99B-205C2F32AF61.jpeg
    3E79A465-3C74-4677-A99B-205C2F32AF61.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 45
Back