Cowichan, Stoltz to RV Park...any obstructions?

• Thread starter whitewater_cowboy
  • Start date
W

whitewater_cowboy

Has anyone floated the lower Cowichan River, Stoltz to the Duncan RV Park? Has the recent high water resulted in any unpassable obstructions? Appreciate any info. Thanx!

I heard from a friend who lives on the river that there is indeed a couple of logs all the way across at the clay bank hole just below washout. That would be a horrible spot to hit a log!

This information is about a week old but its worth checking out before you drift.

Gooey.

supposedly there was a couple fish the other day but i heard it through the grapevine so I dont know how much u can read into it. Haven't drifted it yet so i dont know about logs!!!!!

Correct my if I'm wrong I thought I read on DFO that it closed again on Nov. 30th ???

Thanx for the tips! I'll check with DFO on possible closures and plan to check it out (if open) next week. I'll post anything I find...fish or obstructions. Thanx again.

According to outfitters report, it's open for steel and trout as per usual regs -closed for salmon exept coho jacks.

COWICHAN-RIVER WAS A NICE HEIGHT DEC.11/06 BUT THE COLOUR IS MILKY-GREEN NOW WITH RAIN TO-DAY EEH!!

quote:Originally posted by GRANDER

COWICHAN-RIVER WAS A NICE HEIGHT DEC.11/06 BUT THE COLOUR IS MILKY-GREEN NOW WITH RAIN TO-DAY EEH!!
HEY GRANDER! looks like the cowichan is up again to just under 2.5 metres.Probably be that colour for a while[xx(]

Back