Cougar Creek

finaddict

Well it looks like I am going to get a couple of days of guided fishing in winter harbour and I som eextra time after the two days up there. Was thinking about taking my 18' jet boat with me and going to cougar creek for a couple of days. Its an older riveted craft with a 110 O/B jet so I won't take it on the outside I can't seem to find too much literature on the rec site. I have never been there and have a couple of questions.

1. What are the chances of getting a camping spot mid week August 22 for a camper and truck?

2. Is there a boat launch there?

3. Is there a dock there?

4. what are the nightly charges?

5. I know there are a few spots where I can run my sled on the inside, how good is the spring action at that time of the month?

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Hey there, sounds like a good time to go, the fishing is pretty good from all accounts.
1. Sounds like they really try to fit you in, so I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem mid week.
2. Yes you can launch your boat there.
3.Yes there is a dock there.
4. Not sure.
5.The fishing inside should be awsome this time of year you shouldn't have any problem catching fish!

4. $10.00/night includes everything. Launching, moorage, and your campsite. Can't beat that!!

The road in is notoriously bad from holberg, but if you go slow with your trailer you should be fine bring spare tires for your trailer I'll be getting back just before you go I'll post a report to let you know if they are inside yet.

Thanks a million Gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I now have a plan![8D]

Ok so here's another question for you:

1. Anchovie or herring?

the rest I think I can figure out for myself

Cheers again from the 'newbie';)

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

The road in is notoriously bad from holberg, but if you go slow with your trailer you should be fine bring spare tires for your trailer I'll be getting back just before you go I'll post a report to let you know if they are inside yet.
Thanks Killer, I am looking forward to your post

Cougar Creek is a crowded zoo. You can also try Tuta campsite which has more spacious sites and a ramp and dock, it's only a few more km down the same road.

quote:Originally posted by jonz

Cougar Creek is a crowded zoo. You can also try Tuta campsite which has more spacious sites and a ramp and dock, it's only a few more km down the same road.
Thanks Jonz, Never heard of Tuta. IS it popular? I don't mind paying for private sites if its away from the crowds

Careful of the map. Not the correct location. They are just down the road from cougar creek and if you look at the map, they are located about centerline across from the E side of bligh island. Couldn't find two better people than Larry and Shirley. A great place.

Back