Cortes for a week

C

CoastalGuy

Did a search of the site and very little on fishing reports for Cortes... any info would be helpful... how about west side of Texada on my way? ... many thanks

Check the Campbell River thread, somebody said the backside of Quadra was producing recently.

You won't find much at all around Cortes - been pretty dead for several years - best shot thou, twin islands, Marina Reef, Plunger Pass (along the east 'rock' at the entrance I used to have lots of luck at the bottom and casting on surface as well), Coulter rock (exposed rock at the north entrance to Coulter Bay), and across the way at Reed Island. If you are later in the year, may get lucky with coho around any of the kelp beds around the pass and Subtle Island.

You may be better off for lings and snapper - anywhere extending out along the shoreline (ferry side) from whaletown bay, around the lighthouse in a little deeper water, and the bay just before the entrance to Plumper (there is a deep hole there if you line up where you can see the entire road (it'll make sense once u are there)).

Of course this is if you want to stick local - email me if you want better directions. If you want to get into real salmon though, you'd be best to head over to Quadra lighthouse and the hump.

For sure will give the lings and snapper a go... thanks for the reply...

Gary

Grants has been producing for the past few weeks as well as Coho Pt(northern tip of Texada). It is however a case of hitting the right tides (slack) and there is a lot of bait around.

Back