came off 14 mile this morning.

Attachments

• A9905F7B-14C0-43AE-95CE-FD562C8C4937.jpeg
    A9905F7B-14C0-43AE-95CE-FD562C8C4937.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 6702B998-EF2D-472D-A4C0-03E789C78247.jpeg
    6702B998-EF2D-472D-A4C0-03E789C78247.jpeg
    451.8 KB · Views: 201
I picked up one of those last month in the sound. They have been doing some tagging out of the bamfield side apparently. The tag on the one I caught looked very fresh.
Oddly enough fisheries borded me that day and had know idea what it was.... the creel gal in Ukee solved the mystery. She didn't say they wanted it back so I chucked it.

Part of a catch and release mortality study.

Hold on to it, it should be returned so the information can be included. I think the tags are quite expensive.

Last edited:
I picked up one of those last month in the sound. They have been doing some tagging out of the bamfield side apparently. The tag on the one I caught looked very fresh.
Oddly enough fisheries borded me that day and had know idea what it was.... the creel gal in Ukee solved the mystery. She didn't say they wanted it back so I chucked it.

Oh ffs chucked it. Now it looks like that one never made it and dropped off/added to mortality. Not your fault but DFO creels should know about it if someone gets one. They should be returned.

signs have been put up at some cleaning stations but not not enough output of info where most would see it or hear about this program.
i met up with the taggers in bam and gave it to them. Apparently the fish i caught was tagged at south bank the day before i caught it.

Oh ffs chucked it. Now it looks like that one never made it and dropped off/added to mortality. Not your fault but DFO creels should know about it if someone gets one. They should be returned.
Well, nor myself, the COs, or the other guides on the main dock that surround me in ukee knew it was to be returned.... must be good signage.

Back