converting drum brakes to discs

robertg

I have had enough of drum brakes on my trailer so just asking what brands of disc brakes conversion kits has any one found to be of decent quality

I have had enough of drum brakes on my trailer so just asking what brands of disc brakes conversion kits has any one found to be of decent quality
Kodiak stainless calipers with the dacromet coated rotors seem to be the most reliable combination. Based on what I’ve read I wouldn’t bother with the stainless rotors (prone to warping issues if I remember).

Yes Kodiak seem good, I’ve now done 2 conversions on different trailers, did the work myself, very easy to do yourself. I replaced the original bearings that came with kit with Timken this year after some issues but all good.

Kodiak stainless calipers with the dacromet coated rotors seem to be the most reliable combination. Based on what I’ve read I wouldn’t bother with the stainless rotors (prone to warping issues if I remember).

That's what I installed a few years ago. Works great. I ordered the parts from here: https://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/
I also ordered and installed some spiffy neoprene rollers with stainless shafts.

Back