Conuma River

I hear a roomer that the Conuma River has been placed on a restricted rec fishing ban. I can't seem to find any info on. Can someone point me in right direction?

Thanks
PB

You are correct. Hatchery has put up some signs from what I’m lead to believe. Doesn’t look like it is updated online but I have seen the notice. September 1 - October 15. Lower section of the river that is affected by the tide.

well the designated tidal section of the river would be under whatever the regulations are for that area. the link I provided is for the non-tidal section. Worth noting the difference is not just tidal influence. The boundaries between the two are based on makers or land marks. I hope this helps.

well the designated tidal section of the river would be under whatever the regulations are for that area. the link I provided is for the non-tidal section. Worth noting the difference is not just tidal influence. The boundaries between the two are based on makers or land marks. I hope this helps.

Well of course you use markers or land marks but I do not believe they have proper markers in place other than the ones that have been put in place for the divers.

Tidal water boundary
Unless otherwise specified, the tidal boundary is a straight line drawn between the two most seaward points of land located on either side of the mouth of a river or stream. A tidal boundary may also be designated by a fishery officer by placing a triangular sign near the mouth of a river or stream. Maps and descriptions of other specified tidal boundaries are at the back of this guide.

from the DFO glossary of Sport Fishing terms

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/definitions-eng.html

Back