Comox valley newspapers

fishingbc

Just checked online and looks like they have sided with the "other guys" printing nothing but pro 88/12 letters....

http://www.bclocalnews.com/search/?...rth/comoxvalleyrecord&search=SEARCH&bc09=true

Since this became a major political battle and John Duncan’s news release, the RECORD editors do appear to be one sided in what letters they are publishing. Take a look at the letter they published today from Mary Graves if you want to gag on the misinformation. I particularly like the parts where she attempts to scare the first nations sector and where she says … “88 per cent going to the commercial fleet quota purchased by them…”. That is more than spin and you would think a professional editor would have done a better job of fact checking before allowing it to be published.

I did see something very interesting in the article by the RECORD’s Ralph Shaw on January 13th where he states “In Washington State the recreational fishery is allocated 50 per cent of the total allowable catch after the First Nations Needs are met”. I bet that scares the He-double hockey sticks out of the Slipper Skippers.

I would suggest you Courtney/Comox sporties write some more letters and take them down and hand them to the editors in person.

As for the ECHO I could not seem to get the search function to work on their web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
add TC to that list by the looks of it - they published my letter today and changed my title and opening to make us once again come off as greedy. Ignored the part that 'conservation' should never be mentioned in this battle since it has been admirably managed by the IPHC...etc etc etc Very unhappy with the way they twisted it.

Perhaps a small group of people should go down and have a talk to the news paper in person and ask what's up?

Back