Commander 26 Re Build

I love the idea of the fly bridge, it gives you some free real estate for seating and storage. There’s no better place for an evening cocktail then on the upper deck. But if the fly bridge interferes with the sight lines from operating the boat from the rear helm then it seems like a no brainer to ditch it.

I love the idea of the fly bridge, it gives you some free real estate for seating and storage. There’s no better place for an evening cocktail then on the upper deck. But if the fly bridge interferes with the sight lines from operating the boat from the rear helm then it seems like a no brainer to ditch it.
After giving it more thought I just can’t see myself going to the commander rendezvous topless, can’t even imagine what that drone pic would look like, not even sure anyone would tie up next to me…

I was bored again. I wanted to do a matching waterline stripe but it was a pain on my phone to look good. Keep the fly. You will appreciate the prawn trap storage and the wife can tan while you are fishing. Good work on the deck. Keep pushing May long is not that far away.

20231213_103402.jpg

Last edited:
It’s ready, time for some paint.
Now I have been up in the air about not using gel coat. I got some interlux bright side and tried it out, the colour matches up very well. Going to spray the deck with it.
I hope I don’t end up kicking myself for not using interlux on the hull, or vice versa.
Pretty excited to see how it turns out.
The deck feels and looks factory.
I’m thinking to add some STRUCTURE behind the deck before it’s painted but will see how much time I have. I really should… don’t want to f up the paint job by spilling resin on it 🤦‍♂️IMG_0442.jpegIMG_0441.jpegIMG_0440.jpegIMG_0439.jpegIMG_0438.jpegIMG_0437.jpegIMG_0436.jpegIMG_0435.jpeg

It’s ready, time for some paint.
Now I have been up in the air about not using gel coat. I got some interlux bright side and tried it out, the colour matches up very well. Going to spray the deck with it.
I hope I don’t end up kicking myself for not using interlux on the hull, or vice versa.
Pretty excited to see how it turns out.
The deck feels and looks factory.
I’m thinking to add some STRUCTURE behind the deck before it’s painted but will see how much time I have. I really should… don’t want to f up the paint job by spilling resin on it 🤦‍♂️View attachment 100710View attachment 100711View attachment 100712View attachment 100713View attachment 100714View attachment 100715View attachment 100716View attachment 100717
STRUCTURE is key man. Lol

Brightside is pretty soft even once cured are you sure you don’t want something more durable that’s 2 part like awlgrip or alexseal?
Yes I would like something durable, I really haven’t used any of this, and don’t know too much about it except Ron2.0 swears by it, says it’s more durable than gel coat.
Got me thinking…

Last edited:
Yes I would like something durable, I really haven’t used any of this, and don’t know too much about it except Ron2.0 swears by it, it’s more durable than gel coat.
Got me thinking…
It is not more durable than gelcoat not even close and it’s going to be softer than a 2 part paint. Has its place but I don’t think spraying the deck area with it is a good plan.

It is not more durable than gelcoat not even close and it’s going to be softer than a 2 part paint. Has its place but I don’t think spraying the deck area with it is a good plan.
Thanks, will change up the game plan.

What you think about interlux interdeck non skid?

What you think about interlux interdeck non skid?
Not something I have used. I’m definitely not a paint or coatings expert but do know the basics. I think you should stick to your gelcoat routine the rest of the boat looks great and will for a long time. Spray the deck with gel and add nonskid to it. Or make a template and get ultradeck

I am not sure if you used total boat fairing compound, if you did gel coat is a no go. Total boat fairing compound is an epoxy product. Your gel coat won’t set. You can seal the fairing compound first then
gel coat. I tried it on something and it was an epic fail.

Back