Coated Downrigger balls?

Wow...did this thread ever meander all over the place. The OP asked a simple question about what to use to coat cannon balls. There were a couple of posts that were somewhat relevant and then it went all over the place. I get that people have too much time on their hands right now but could we try to stick to the original content and question? And, if you don't want to share your "secret formula," just don't say anything at all instead of making others feel like they are not worthy of your time. Not trying to be an A-Hole, but having to moderate a thread like this for someone just looking for some simple advice seems unnecessary.

I was asked to delete it but I am going to leave it for a bit to see if we can't get back to helping a fellow fisherman out with his question, which is what this forum is generally about. Let's see where it goes.

Last edited:
Wow. After not posting for months and months because of ......!!!!!!...,... lol. I don’t even post stuff on the sell area because of the constant belittling from other people on this form. But when a friend of my told me someone posted a picture of our product I had to comment. Now the admin chirped in about me responding. Really. OMG.

Plastidip makes a green glow colour. I really don't think the colour makes any difference. A spray on box liner material is probably much more durable than the rubber coatings.

Great thread, I read this and went to Canadian tire and the Rock Guard is on sale for $8.99 a can. Long story short, after 4 good coats I can say my balls turned out great I’ll probably do another coat or 2. They definitely look cool and super durable.

Great thread, I read this and went to Canadian tire and the Rock Guard is on sale for $8.99 a can. Long story short, after 4 good coats I can say my balls turned out great I’ll probably do another coat or 2. They definitely look cool and super durable.
Please post a pic!

I've used these glow coated balls from a fella off of Craigslist and to be quite honest, I have had them for I think 4 years now and not a single one of them has any signs of the coating coming off. My balls are all dented and banged up too. I'm astonished at how well the coating is holding up. I think he said they were plasti-dipped...?

Back