Coated Downrigger balls?

Trev

Does any one have any suggestions on what sort of UV coating to use on cannon balls?

I’ve tried some plastic coat and flex seal stuff but it didn’t seem to last.

I've seen some of these for sale online but everyone acts like they have the recipe for KFC :)

Thanks

Attachments

• CB179374-6276-4F29-A610-51253966C75D.jpeg
    CB179374-6276-4F29-A610-51253966C75D.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 68
Does any one have any suggestions on what sort of UV coating to use on cannon balls?

I’ve tried some plastic coat and flex seal stuff but it didn’t seem to last.

I've seen some of these for sale online but everyone acts like they have the recipe for KFC :)

Thanks

wait you have the recipe for KFC ?

i would try to uv coat the balls with what ever you’re using and then coat on a clear epoxy. stuff is bomb proof.

Subbed. I've tried to coat some weights and downrigger balls but haven't been able to find what people use for the coating in your picture. And you are right about its near impossible to try and get any info about it.

I found using an acrylic primer on the lead before coating (I used Plasti Dip) helped it adhere. But haven't been able to get a nice smooth finish.

He doesn't coat them...he gets them from a guy on the mainland that does a great job. Why would anyone producing a good reliable product want to give up a process that he has worked so hard to maintain.

I was the person that got glow balls into the market back when I was producing lead products. Even I won't give up the process for free. Anyone can do anything that anyone else can do... it's all about time and knowledge, super simple.
I'd teach a lot of people a lot of things but I'd never give up my fried chicken recipe. Never.

Sigh. I’ll just go on a thread by a nice guy asking what to coat balls in, to show off a product then say nothing about them and not mention if they they are for sale.
Sorry I don’t get what that brings to the table.

Stizzla, I hear what you are saying and like you I like to do things on my own, not inky to save some money but to learn and customize it for my own needs. However, unless you are loosing lots of Canon balls every year, the cost of materials likely outweights the benefits since the coating likely come in a decent sized tub etc... It's also messy etc...

There's a product on the market that people dip their metals tool handles and it gives it a thick rubber coating. I think the company is plastidip... Not the spray can but the jar where you dip your tools into. I used it for a number of things and the coating is thick and solid. Should work well for Canon balls. Not sure if they have glo colors but I don't think glow on Canon balls makes a difference to catching fish.

I lost 11 my first year hahaha 3 in one day was my best. I then smartened up and got better plotter. Paid for itself quickly.
thanks for the tips Butcher on the plastidip tub and KB, I love your balls.

Thanks.
15s are $42 each. I’m in Nanaimo. Also have all glow. PM me if your ever interested in a couple. I have lots in stock.

I lost 11 my first year hahaha 3 in one day was my best. I then smartened up and got better plotter. Paid for itself quickly.
thanks for the tips Butcher on the plastidip tub and KB, I love your balls.
Not sure I would refer to losing 3 cannon balls in one day as my best :)

dont feel bad.. worst day ever for me in Nootka ..... 6 15lb coated-:eek: :( :):)

You must have been well prepared with a tub of extra balls to be able to loose 6 in one day . I have 2 spares on the boat and if I loose more than 2 in the same day I am done.

Back