Chumming

Illegal for fresh water. Nothing I can find about salt. But knowing some of the areas you fish butts-- get ready for a whole bunch of vampires if you chum!! [:0][:0][:0]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

If there are no dogfish around, for halibut fishing... lowering an onion sack with entrails off your downrigger (without line attached) really brings them in

Apparently that's what many of the guests are for - often a continuous flow with lots of noise and lots of volume! [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

Using smelly jelly or other scents is a form of chum - no?

Sea Wolf

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Illegal for fresh water. Nothing I can find about salt. But knowing some of the areas you fish butts-- get ready for a whole bunch of vampires if you chum!! [:0][:0][:0]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Don't know all of em ;):D lol

And I was just under the impression that it was illegal...apparently not. Good to know.

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

In the past I phoned FoC and was told that it was against the law.

Scent is not defined as chumming but deliberately introducing fish parts apparently is-(no matter how small).

Must be written somewhere if it is indeed against the rules?? Certainly done a lot down south end of the island and at the north end also As a side note, anyone know why I can't seem to log on with my desk top, but can with my lap top? .........BB

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

In the past I phoned FoC and was told that it was against the law.

Scent is not defined as chumming but deliberately introducing fish parts apparently is-(no matter how small).

I'm not chumming...

I'm returning the fish offal to the sea where little sea creatures will consume it in a green and enviromentally responsible manner. :D

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

I checked today before i 1st posted as it USED to be illegal and i quit when i was told it was so. It used to be in the basic not to's in the front of the Sports Fishing Guide but it's not there now

quote:Don't know all of em lol

Baaaaaa!! :D:D:D

But you know part of the satisfaction for fishermen is figuring out things for ourselves (But sometimes with a little help from our friends helps-- HEY!! I think there is a song there somewhere:D:D)

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Not illegal as long as no hooks are attached to the scent box. 100%. Not sure if it is as beneficial as some think it is. I have tried a few variations and it can lead to some major cluster f's when a fish gets on or the current shifts.

quote:Originally posted by beemer

Not illegal as long as no hooks are attached to the scent box. 100%. Not sure if it is as beneficial as some think it is. I have tried a few variations and it can lead to some major cluster f's when a fish gets on or the current shifts.
How do you know that?

What's the difference between that and the dumping cut plugged Herring over the side in order a few at a time to bring fish closer to the boat?
(which is something I've done a number of places but never in Canada-and Boy does it work!)

talked to the dfo officer in hardy, he said its not illegal, but suggested to me that we are sportsfishing!!and that if i was doing it that everything else on my boat should be in good order, because they would be checking everything.lol

Back