Choosing a flasher

For springs and coho, red hotspot, ball bearing swivel both ends. For Sox, green or blue hotspot flasher, ball bearing swivel both ends. If you keep changing flashers all the time you then have to figure out what speed and tail length to use for each flasher. 100 different types of flashers to master seems like lunacy to me. Get your favorite handful of flashers and learn how to fish them and then stick with them. Don't go changing everything up because some guy got a couple of fish beside you one day. Thats fishing, it happens.
Depth, location, speed, direction of travel, lure, leader length, tide, time of day, light conditions, water conditions, scent, so many variables, why add the flasher into the mix.

Wondering what others experiences are with going no flasher in certain conditions. Any experiences with flashers spooking the fish in clear water?

I fish “naked” as much as possible. :rolleyes:

I never fish an in-line flasher with spoons or plugs.

I often use movement devices such as squid devils and jugheads with hoochies and grand Slam bucktails.

I am always running a dummy flasher off the ball even if I’m using an inline flasher.

Back