Delta Inline Flasher

Baxter

Has anyone had success with these Delta Inline flashers?

I had never tried them so bought a couple for dirt cheap from one of Harbour Chandlers big sales.

I have tried them only twice now, but both times they gave me some of the worst tangles I haver ever seen! Not sure what I could possibly be doing wrong, but now they just sit in the tacklebox until forever probably.

Setup I was using with them was approximately:

Downrigger Clip > 20' or so > Inline Flasher > 36" of 30# mono > Hootchie

Do these flashers do better with more/less leader length to the rigger clip? Should the hootchie be closer/further? Or are these just always a PITA.

Was thinking I might try it as a dummy flasher off the rigger - but have not done so just yet.flasher.jpg

I use them if I decide to fish plugs. Put them on as a dummy flasher because they spin on their own axis rather than the big circle of a regular flasher. Usually I clip the flasher directly to the cannonball and run it 6-8 ft back. Then clip on the fishing line 5-6 ft above the ball.

I use them if I decide to fish plugs. Put them on as a dummy flasher because they spin on their own axis rather than the big circle of a regular flasher. Usually I clip the flasher directly to the cannonball and run it 6-8 ft back. Then clip on the fishing line 5-6 ft above the ball.
I do the same but only 1' back of the ball and add two inline flashers with two extra bead chains in between. this keeps the clip just below the pully and ball 6" under the water surface. We had good luck on springs with them three years ago on the main line but haven't been able to replicate that success since.

Has anyone had success with these Delta Inline flashers?

I had never tried them so bought a couple for dirt cheap from one of Harbour Chandlers big sales.

I have tried them only twice now, but both times they gave me some of the worst tangles I haver ever seen! Not sure what I could possibly be doing wrong, but now they just sit in the tacklebox until forever probably.

Setup I was using with them was approximately:

Do these flashers do better with more/less leader length to the rigger clip? Should the hootchie be closer/further? Or are these just always a PITA.

Was thinking I might try it as a dummy flasher off the rigger - but have not done so just yet.View attachment 68939
I run them as a daisy chain setup for sockeye fishing off the ball then clip on about 5' above em.

I run them as a daisy chain setup for sockeye fishing off the ball then clip on about 5' above em.
Yes this is the key for Osoyoos sockeye later in the opening. They bite ok early on, but 10-14 days in you need all the bling you can get. 2 or 3 of these as dummy flashers makes all the difference.

not going to work you need a regular flasher for hootchies and up your lb on the hootchies to min 40 lb

for spoons or bait should work ok 6' leader on both
but descend the gear slow ......

not going to work you need a regular flasher for hootchies and up your lb on the hootchies to min 40 lb

for spoons or bait should work ok 6' leader on both
but descend the gear slow ......
Ya, I am in the process of switching to 50# for the hootchie leaders - was using 30# at the time I tested those flashers.

Makes sense now that you say that how they'd be useless with hootchies.

Comments on using as dummy flashers seems to make the most sense. :)

I've used them for coho and they worked great.

Make sure you use lots of swivels, preferably ball bearing type. They tend to twist up your line easily.
Also fresh water bath as soon as your finished with them for the day. We pack a 4L jug to wash hands at the end of the day out all your flashers in a bucket and cover them in sweet water for the ride home. Simple and effective.

These flashers are commonly used down at the mouth of the Columbia River in August. The “buoy 10” fishery. Use them with a couple multi swivels to prevent tangles. People fish spinners, super baits, anchovies or cut plug herring behind them. Typically 4-6 feet behind flasher. They have less drag than the conventional flashers we use up here in our local waters. Fish them with confidence! They are deadly down in Astoria!!! Most people have a stout bumper line (80lb to 150lb mono) in front of flasher but they don’t use downriggers at buoy 10 they use 16-20oz of dropper lead. Give em a try you might be surprised! Tight lines!!!!

Back