Big Score @ PN&T!-Also How to Make a Deadly Flasher

Dogbreath

My prayers have come true PN&T has once again started carrying the see-through UV Tape from WTP
(you can buy it from them or a few places online but shipping costs are painful).

A number of people have mentioned they notice their hook-up ratio go up using UV tape and I'm putting up a few pics of what's really worked for me going back a few years.

Easy to do-grab an old flasher, strip off any remaining tape and clean it up then using a flat black spray bomb hit it for a couple coats-no need of fancy colours/glitter/gunk just the cheapest stuff you have or can source then hang for a few weeks to off-gas.

Slap some of the see-through UV product on a shown and that's it-you can see I'm not much of a craftsman but believe me it works with that sick looking colour/flash.

All colours work I just do the same tape removal/cleanup then slap on the see through they all look great but I like the black most of all.

IMGP0561.jpg

IMGP0562.jpg

IMGP0563.jpg

My prayers have come true PN&T has once again started carrying the see-through UV Tape from WTP
(you can buy it from them or a few places online but shipping costs are painful).

A number of people have mentioned they notice their hook-up ratio go up using UV tape and I'm putting up a few pics of what's really worked for me going back a few years.

Easy to do-grab an old flasher, strip off any remaining tape and clean it up then using a flat black spray bomb hit it for a couple coats-no need of fancy colours/glitter/gunk just the cheapest stuff you have or can source then hang for a few weeks to off-gas.

Slap some of the see-through UV product on a shown and that's it-you can see I'm not much of a craftsman but believe me it works with that sick looking colour/flash.

All colours work I just do the same tape removal/cleanup then slap on the see through they all look great but I like the black most of all.

IMGP0561.jpg

IMGP0562.jpg

IMGP0563.jpg
I can’t open the pictures on the iphone

I was using a dummy flasher which I adhered strips of glow tape to diagonally. I also added an old spoon minus the hook to the tail. Caught most of my fish this winter with it, with either a spoon or a whole herring rolling just behind and 4' above. Just fluke or not? My theory was it looked like a small, dense school of panicked baitfish with a couple stragglers. Lost it, probably from line wear bouncing it of the bottom. An experiment worth trying again.

Back