Catching ?

Finally getting my gas tank in truck repaired this week so I can get out. Some days of calm waters out there-Sooke. Heard its slow. But being Sooke it can change day to day.

Kitty Coleman on Sunday was great till the wind came up at 2pm. Lots of shakers and 3 keepers between 2 boats. The seals had the day off as we saw not a one. Fished within 15ft of bottom on the north end of the hump. Peanut butter hootchy, prism and army truck coyote spoons. One of the fish had 3 herring and 2 white squid in the belly. 10ft tide (no back door) and wind made the ramp a bit of a problem. I don’t mind filling my boots with water but is there some reason why we don’t have a low tide ramp at the ferry dock?

The Comox Valley is sadly lacking in proper boat launching ramps. There have been suggestions of putting a breakwater around Kitty Colemans ramps, but there still not suitable in most tides for alot of outfits. Considerable dredging would have to occur. And yes Little River has been discussed in the past, but just try wading through the bureaucratic bullcrap there. I totally agree that we need an all tides and season ramp in the valley. Campbell River did it. Why can't we? eman

We were out Thursday on west side of Texada got 2 keepers and a whole lot of small shakers. Wednesday was better with 3 keepers. I wish this wind and rain would quit. Holidays coming in April and I have to do some painting. I don't want it to interfere with spring fishing.

Sooke sucks its in the transition period! Time to go hali fishing!Anyone been on the waterfront?

Parking lot at Esquimalt launch was packed Saturday. Saw lots of boats at Constance. 1/2 seemed to be anchored and 1/2 seemed to be trolling.

We got nothing hali fishing and only saw 1 caught.

Saw some terrible boating out there. One idiot was anchored with another boat tied off his stern with a long rope. Tide spun and they were right on our anchor line. Came within 2 feet of our bouy before he powered up.
Another guy drifted over our anchor line. Thanks for the gear!
Give some room out there. It is an issue of safety and respect.

Time to find a new spot. Too many guys fishing with their heads up there a$$ for me.

Nice calm day on the water anyways. Always nice to be out there!

Tips

GOTTA LOVE IT hey graham thats why you wont see me out there on the weekends cant stand the weekend warriors must have been an awful short tide for sat?????? I didnt even bother not enough time for me to fish that tide and dont like the ebb to flood for hali dont seem to get much and you just proved it!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Wolf...Tide window was fairly short we anchored form 10-1. I was with Yote in his boat. His new sand anchor worked great.
Winds were calm so we did some exploring for an hour or so first. A nice hali came out of Oak Bay. 100+ and I heard of a few others but not many.

Wolf you'll have to take me out sometime and show me how it's done.:D

Tips

Back