Catch of the Day

D005E076-6E90-428B-8A19-83687BAEAFB0-16513-00001BC80D8F9FD4.jpg

3lbs 14ozs. Good day on Shawnigan today

Nice fish, I will be going out this weekend!! What depth was it caught in?

nice, thanks for the reply

kunni

what the hell i gotta get out there I think ive only once been into the double digets once and you had to portage back in that lake and they were tiny. Jelly of you guys and your double digit days.

I will be out tomorrow, I will try get some picture

kunni

Its a big lake with lots of good spots. Make sure you have a good reliable motor because when that wind pics up its a long haul back to the boat launch. I went out again today and it was much slower because of the lower temperature. My gf landed a nice one about 2.5 lbs and I got skunked. Only fished for 2 hours. Lots of boats out there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont be at shawnigan tomorrow, Im gonna need a bigger boat for that lake. My little 10fter wont do it. I was thinking prospect, langford or beaver.

kunni

IMG_1732.jpg

Quite a few smaller bass today, lipless crank bait were doing well in an orange crayfish variety. The picture is of average size for today.

kunni

Right on man. I just purchased a new 18ft bass boat so anyone interested in doing some fishing out on Shawnigan is more than welcome to come out!

thanks for the offer, what made you want to upgrade?

kunni

Well Im more than happy with the little boat and like how well it fishes and is small enough for electric only lakes but need some more room. My girlfriend and kid and dog and other people always wanting to go out just never have room for everyone. Someone always had to miss out! Good deal popped up and couldnt say no.

nice, do you prefer a spinning reel for smallmouth? I just purchased a baitcaster, only used it twice. I really like it, just wondering your opinion?

kunni

Spent the past 2 days at the lake. Had some decent luck on my bleeding stickleback pattern Ive been tying in olive.

We arived and it looked like this.

Then Mikey got into a fish right away.

I had some luck too.

Then we saw one of these guys waiting for an easy meal.

Then it got slow and we spent a few hours without a camera worthy shot.

I nailed this guy on the trip in yesterday.

Then a few minutes later Mike got this one.

We decided we should head in around noon and on the last pass we hit a double 20 and 22" bows. Landed and released both. We have it on video but not any pics. Mike was filming me while his rod got hit with the bigger of the 2. It was mayhem while the camera continued to film while hanging from his wrist. Mike managed to drop the net in the water and it sank like a rock. Time for a new net that floats! Will have to try and load the video up.

Good times and great weather minus a net!

Dad and I continued up there today and hit the lake early. Before we left I jimmy rigged a cradle out of a 30" pillow case and 2 broken halves of a hockey stick shaft. We had tones of action for the first 2 hours and had a dozen fish to the boat. The most memorable of them was this cow. She made me feel luck to have the cradle. It worked like a dream after testing and fine tuning my techniqe on a few high teens fish prior. She was 27" long and my guess is somewhere in the 6 pound range. It jumped twice and took me to backing twice it was epic! The best part was watching her swim away strong!

Back