Catch of the Day

wow, that last photo is huge :eek:

kunni

Not Langford, notice he said up?

And the Moose heading into the water? Okay that may have been too much of a give away.

Karma have you tried the pond behind the trainset? 25 years ago I fished it almost daily. Used to be good at the south end near the creek and the point north of the boat launch. I think my back is good because of years of rowing around.

Nice fish and a great lake your at till the "green" invades.

James

holy crap man! You are slaying, good job! that looks like another 5-6lb fish

kunni

You should get the girth next time, 27'' long by 15'' girth would be around 6.8lbs, I had a 27.5'' by 17.5'' girth outta elk a few years ago that went 9.4lbs. Nice Fish!!

Nice day fishing today with my friend. We lost count after about 30 trout, we landed 4 double headers. All were released, and caught on my flies. I probably had about a 4lber on, but he spat after about a 2 minute fight. He took me into my backing, and had a couple of long runs. I didnt get to see the big boy. I hooked him in deep water, and he ran. All the other fish were small, but feisty. I pumped the stomachs of a few of the fish, (see stomach pump in second pic) and there were minimal small chironomids. No big hatches that I was aware of.

kunni

IMG_1733.jpgIMG_1734.jpgIMG_1735.jpgIMG_1736.jpgIMG_1737.jpgIMG_1745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an awesome day on shawnigan today. Landed over 25 nice bass today between Rempy and myself.

This one topped the day for me 5lbs 1oz.
1086C68A-B425-4FDF-B769-997799C2726B-22456-00002559440F1EFD.jpg

And the new fishing rig
FE54AB8B-AE87-41D2-82E0-AA17E93B6C64-22456-0000255A180272DB.jpg

maybe not the same rig, but swear I saw that on used vic. Great price aswell. Thats a huge bass you have there, good job.

kunni

Yep it was on used vic. Shawnigan lake has been awesome and lots of good sized fish. Only landed maybe 3-4 yesterday that were under 3lbs.

Ok, I have a story. I was at langford lake today from 8am till 4:30pm. I started the day off with 5 little, but nice trout. All were caught on my own flies of sinking line. After 5 or so fish were caught I hit a bit of a dead streak. No fish for about an hour. All of a sudden I got a hit on one of my fly rod, I attempted to set the hook, but was two late. Before I placed the rod down, my other rod, to my left started screaming. I quickly picked it up, and realized that if I set the hook, I would break the fish off. I expected for the run to last about 10 feet, but no this was different. This fish tore through my backing, and ran for close to 30 seconds. It so much backing I was starting to worry that I would run out. The fish probably had a 100ft run, no joke. I new that this was the fish I was looking for. This was the fish every fisherman wants to hook into. I had to be careful not to put to my pressure on the line, because I new this fish would bust my 4.5lb test leader in a second. After a about 10 minutes I caught my first glimpse of the fish. Holy s*** I said to myself, this is way bigger than I expected. I only saw it for about 2 seconds, because it saw the boat, and instantly spooked, and took out a good 75ft of line. I was back were I started. I hooked the fish around the aerator, and I ended up close to the boat launch. I was by the boat launch after around 15 minutes of fighting the fish. I then spent an additional 5 minutes reeling in, and having the fish take it back almost instantly. It was 20 minutes of fighting before I thought that I could net it. I was definitely wrong. I extended my net, and when the fish saw it spooked, and bee lined straight to the bottom. On my 4th netting attempt I was able to get the fishes head into the net. My net was far to small, so with my other hand I grabbed the fishes tail, and hauled it into my boat. It took a total of 25 minutes to boat this lunker. I admired its beauty, and realized that I better act fast if I want to release this thing. I went to the nearest boat,(which just happened to be the owner of this forum. I believe his name was Gary, but I was not listening, I was too busy looking at my fish. I had him take a couple of pictures of me with the fish. Thanks for the help man.) I measured the fish, and it was a solid 27incher. I then started to revive the fish, but I soon realized that it was too late. I had to keep him, because he kept going belly up. I decided that this would make a great couple of dinners, so I kept him. After the large fish, the fishing started getting amazing. It was a fish every ten minutes. My final count was 19 fish. On my way home I stopped at island outfitters, and had Nelson weigh it for me. It weighed in at 7 lbs 1 ounce, but that was 3 hours after death, and after I pumped its stomach. It also released alot of poop. Close to 1/8 of a cup. I think that this fish weighed about 7. 1/4 lbs if I were to have weighed it right after I caught it. All fish were caught on my own flies. This was by far my largest fish. 7. 1/4 pounds.

Kunni

Attachments

• IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1754.jpg
    IMG_1754.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited by a moderator:
hmm weird. The last picture was not of today, I for some reason cannot take it off. sorry about that.

kunni

Back