Catch of the Day

thanks, it was one of my best days fishing. And it was by far the largest fight I have had with a fish

kunni

right on man, that's an huge trout for the island - I've bonked smaller salmon. You're gonna have some company on the lake in the next few days I bet!

yeah, its going to be busy. Its human nature to go to the spot were a big fish was caught. I dont think I will be at langford next weekend. I was thinking prospect, it also holds some monster trout. I lost a fish close 5lbs a couple of years ago.

kunni

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job kunni on your Vancouver Island trophy that is why we suck up the slow days for the l remeber when days you just had!It keeps us floating around in float tubes freezing changing flies and lines creating different patterns just for days like you just earned. Good on ya!
kronic

It keeps us floating around in float tubes freezing changing flies and lines creating different patterns just for days like you just earned

I have definitely worked hard for this fish. It is the first time I have broken the 4lb mark for trout, my second biggest trout was a mere 3.5lbs, about 4 years ago off the shore.

I just ate the fish, and it is quite possibly the best trout I have ever eaten. I dont normally like trout, as I find it muddy, but wow this was good. It tasted like a salmon

kunni

On my 4th netting attempt I was able to get the fishes head into the net. My net was far to small, so with my other hand I grabbed the fishes tail, and hauled it into my boat. It took a total of 25 minutes to boat this lunker. I admired its beauty, and realized that I better act fast if I want to release this thing. I went to the nearest boat,(which just happened to be the owner of this forum. I believe his name was Gary, but I was not listening, I was too busy looking at my fish. I had him take a couple of pictures of me with the fish. Thanks for the help man.)

Kunni.jpg

Hey Kunni...happy to be there and take your photo for you. When you called out that you had a "good one" on, I had a feeling it was you from reading your previous posts on the forum. I likely missed a couple hits of my own as I was more interested in watching your epic battle. It reminded me of watching someone chase a large Chinook the way it took you across the whole lake! Congrats on the great Bow....gives the rest of us faith that these beauties are lurking out there.

Brian

Thanks, sorry about the name error in one of my earlier posts.

kunni

I just saw the IO facebook post and came in here to have a look... Good job junior! :cool:

Congrats on the Hog!

Figured after the PM i recieved it wouldent take you loing to get a hog! bit that girl is a Dandy of a fish!

I guess I need to start taking in to Outfitters to get some credit around here. But watching them swim free is much more rewarding!

To bad she diden't make it.

-KK (P.S What fly?)

Awesome day on Shawnigan thanks to BrodieG !!!

I got 6 bass & a baby cutty, Damien got 15 bass and Brodie got over 20 bass and 1 or 2 baby cutties !

Thank you Brodie ! :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF0381.jpg
    DSCF0381.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCF0383.jpg
    DSCF0383.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCF0386.jpg
    DSCF0386.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 468
  • DSCF0387.jpg
    DSCF0387.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCF0402.jpg
    DSCF0402.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCF0435.jpg
    DSCF0435.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCF0427.jpg
    DSCF0427.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCF0416.jpg
    DSCF0416.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCF0390.jpg
    DSCF0390.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 463
  • DSCF0413.jpg
    DSCF0413.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 463
Nice pictures!:cool:

I was at prospect today, had around 13ish, maybe 14 fish. If Micheal Jackson were a fish, I caught him today. They were all small, but fought well, caught on my leech patterns.

IMG_1767.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1768.jpg

I was at prospect today, had around 13ish, maybe 14 fish. They were all small, but fought well, caught on my leech patterns.

WHAT ? No 8lb'ers ??? Just kiddin ;) Nice work !

Sweet fish guys. Lovin the bass pics. Gotta get out and give that a go. Ive been after cutties the past few days! Catching and releasing over 40 in 2 days.

Here are some pics!

All caught on brown Baitfish Patterns with lots of flash!

I guess I need to start taking in to Outfitters to get some credit around here.

Sorry KK I didnt know we were supposed to be pumping your tires. Thought your fishing spoke for itself but I guess we should all say nice fish and good job a little more.

What a strange comment that was lol I think somebody was a tiny bit jealous despite being the top fish report poster on both the fresh and salt water section.

I miss your daily beacher bay reports from last year when are you going to switch gears?

Sorry KK I didnt know we were supposed to be pumping your tires. Thought your fishing spoke for itself but I guess we should all say nice fish and good job a little more.

What a strange comment that was lol I think somebody was a tiny bit jealous despite being the top fish report poster on both the fresh and salt water section.

I miss your daily beacher bay reports from last year when are you going to switch gears?

I was more making a funny with another fellow I know on here. But i can see how it would come across that way. Appologies!

Boat went in on thursday. Will get out this week. Reports shall eventually come.

Back