Catch of the Day

in about 20 or so fish today at langford. most were small, caught on black, green, and maroon micros.

kunni

IMG_1775.jpgIMG_1773.jpg

went out today for about 2 hours, had 9 fish between me and a friend. Finally got someone else my age hooked :D, so I think I have a new fishing buddy. All caught on my flies, and released.

kunni

IMG_1777.jpg

Well done Kunni and especially on the fishin buddy. I moved out west when I was 14 and a new friend at school introduced me to fishing. Gave us something to do and stay out of trouble. Many adventures from that day forward that will stick with me for a life time.
James

thanks, I was excited about someone else getting into fishing.

kunni

Langford again today, slower than I expected 6 fish in about 6:30 hours. Most were small. I heard it was better earlier on in the morning. All were released, and caught on my flies.

kunni

IMG_1788.jpg

Spent a few days fishing over the long weekend. Here is a few shots from my camping trip to Lizard Lake and more.

We saw some of these on the way there.

Drank a few to many of these!

Caught over 150 trout in 2 days kept a few but almost all released. Camera stayed away for most of the trip as it was wet!

Let my buddys take the boat out for a few hours with there fly rods. Mike says its harder to catch fish when you have to drive the boat. I told him to cry me a river and this happened!

Got this beauty yesterday too. It was long and slender and had me worried for the first time ever if my backing was going to be enough. Crazy!
She leaped about 4 ft in the air on the initioal strike. Talk about heart pumping just like a steel!

very nice fish, I gotta get up there. Green sticleback minnow fly?

kunni

size 12 and 14 pumpkin heads with florecent green heads! Git r done boy! Fish them super slow and be ready to set the hook!

thanks!

kunni

size 12 and 14 pumpkin heads with florecent green heads! Git r done boy! Fish them super slow and be ready to set the hook!

So pumpkin heads are named after the shape of the bead head, not the colour? I use the orange bead head pumpkin heads with good success, always thought it was named after the colour.

Well the other day I was fishing and I pumped a big bow and it was full of bloodworms with one end having a small florecent green section and the rest olive and red. I went home and tied a few patterns. (My bloodworm flies with green heads are still in the works). I decided to try a small pumpkin head fly with a tiny bright green bead. I have fished them in a number of head colours. Red and orange being the usual. The green must have been the ticket as they wanted it.

If pumpkin head is the term for the orange head then I will call this one the honeydew mellon head! LOL

Throat pumping can make all the difference in your success. I even pump out small contents and then match the colour of my larger flies to that of the overall colour of its contents. 75% of the time its increases your luck!

-KK

NICE!! Elk Lake? Good Job, have you ever eaten one? :D

kunni

Nice carp! I hate those damn things. Would be a blast to catch though im sure! Im going to have to give it a go next time Im on Elk/Beaver and see if I can pull one in.

Thanks !
Yeah, Elk lake @ Hamsterly beach, good fun before work :cool:
I have not eaten one but my mother inlaw really wants me to bring her my catches so who knows...maybe one day !

Back