Canucks 2021 Season

If the Canucks mgmt was on the fence on making some big trades before the deadline I think last nights game will have pushed them right off that fence for at least 1 big trade. This is who I think might go 1. Boeser 2.Motte 3. Myers then after those 3 a slim chance for Garland , either Horvat or Miller. Halak and Dickinson with any luck, lol, will be add ons to a bigger trade. My wishful thinking trades are Boeser, Poolman, Dickenson, and Halak. I'm hoping Garland last night played himself out of any mgmt thoughts on trading him, what a spark plug. I'm hoping we can get a decent 2 way top 6 forward (in 4-5m cap range) and a draft pick for Boeser to gain some cap room, personally I'd give him away before I'd pay him 7.5m, I don't dislike him as a player but he's not worth more than 4-5m imho. I hate to see Motte go but I'd hate more to lose him in the off season for nothing, I think he can get a lot more than what the Canucks will be able to offer and Lammikko and Highmore's play have made made him a bit more expendable, plus he is a bit injury prone with his style of play.

tough loss and they were hemmed in pretty good by a lesser team way too often, Garland, Petey and of course Demko had good games, Horvat had some brutal give aways. Petey could've had a couple of goals. maybe they were looking past detroit to calgary, whatever, but they needed to win that game.

cheers nicnat

If the Canucks mgmt was on the fence on making some big trades before the deadline I think last nights game will have pushed them right off that fence for at least 1 big trade. This is who I think might go 1. Boeser 2.Motte 3. Myers then after those 3 a slim chance for Garland , either Horvat or Miller. Halak and Dickinson with any luck, lol, will be add ons to a bigger trade. My wishful thinking trades are Boeser, Poolman, Dickenson, and Halak. I'm hoping Garland last night played himself out of any mgmt thoughts on trading him, what a spark plug. I'm hoping we can get a decent 2 way top 6 forward (in 4-5m cap range) and a draft pick for Boeser to gain some cap room, personally I'd give him away before I'd pay him 7.5m, I don't dislike him as a player but he's not worth more than 4-5m imho. I hate to see Motte go but I'd hate more to lose him in the off season for nothing, I think he can get a lot more than what the Canucks will be able to offer and Lammikko and Highmore's play have made made him a bit more expendable, plus he is a bit injury prone with his style of play.

tough loss and they were hemmed in pretty good by a lesser team way too often, Garland, Petey and of course Demko had good games, Horvat had some brutal give aways. Petey could've had a couple of goals. maybe they were looking past detroit to calgary, whatever, but they needed to win that game.

cheers nicnat
well said Nicnat......only thing i disagree with is petey having a good game.....his lack of back check cost the one and only goal in the game!

SLOW SLOW OH DID I SAY SLOW! starts are KILLING this team and I think have put some of the final nails in the coffin for playoff contention. All the teams they are chasing won last night and them losing to one of the worst teams in the league 1-0 is **** poor IMO. Everyone played horribly slow and sluggish even JT Miller just couldnt hit the net.

After the canucks embarrassed the flames in their last game , look for the flames to really run the canucks out of the building early , might be hard to watch tonight

After the canucks embarrassed the flames in their last game , look for the flames to really run the canucks out of the building early , might be hard to watch tonight
I don't think that'll happen tonight, Canucks will be pumped after that last loss, Calgary played last night losing to buffalo in ot so might be a bit tired, hope so, lol, plus markstrom isn't starting. I think the canucks will run with 3 good lines with the 4th minimal minutes (looks like podz petan and chiasson for the 4th line) , I put $100 on the canucks -1.5 @ 3.75:1 odds, lol. I'm a sucker for punishment, lol.

I don't think that'll happen tonight, Canucks will be pumped after that last loss, Calgary played last night losing to buffalo in ot so might be a bit tired, hope so, lol, plus markstrom isn't starting. I think the canucks will run with 3 good lines with the 4th minimal minutes (looks like podz petan and chiasson for the 4th line) , I put $100 on the canucks -1.5 @ 3.75:1 odds, lol. I'm a sucker for punishment, lol.
OOPS, lol

i really hope management dos the right thing on Monday and blows up this tire fire of a team. the worst thing that can happen for the canucks at this point is to barely squeak into the playoffs only to get shredded by the Avalanche. honestly what’s the point? this team needs so much help and there’s no one coming from the minors. and they have no cap space to boot

i have no idea if owners / fans can stomach the thought of a few more years of pain, but they really need a focus.

7 of 8 points lost to Detroit and Buffalo ! JR do your job tomorrow, it's time! Anyone on defence not named Hughes. Love Miller but if the kings ransom is there you need to cut ties. Will hate it but something big needs to happen to change the mediocrity. Brock to Minny, needs to get done, pronto.

7 of 8 points lost to Detroit and Buffalo ! JR do your job tomorrow, it's time! Anyone on defence not named Hughes. Love Miller but if the kings ransom is there you need to cut ties. Will hate it but something big needs to happen to change the mediocrity. Brock to Minny, needs to get done, pronto.
Didn’t happen, but got rid of useless hamonic and unfortunately motte

Call me naive but I don’t understand why Motte is good for another team but not someone we want to keep around. Even if you have to pay him some more money he’s not going to break the bank and he does so many things well. In my opinion he’s the kind of player most teams want on their team, why not ours.

Call me naive but I don’t understand why Motte is good for another team but not someone we want to keep around. Even if you have to pay him some more money he’s not going to break the bank and he does so many things well. In my opinion he’s the kind of player most teams want on their team, why not ours.
I am sure the Canucks management tried to resign him and couldn't come to an agreement prior to the trading. A 4th pick was the same number other teams were willing to pay for similar players. An asset was available so they took the risk rather than Motte walking for nothing. Mood point as he could quite possibly resign at a reasonable rate with the Canucks at year end with term after the management hopefully gets their financials together. Canucks have been in the past very guilty of overpaying 4th line players or even more shamefully letting quality players go for squat. The good thing if it doesn't work out there are lots of player similar to Motte who will be available.

I think they made a good move and gained some cap space with the Hamonic ,3rd round pic switch for Dermott. I also thought they did what they had to do with Motte, it's just life in cap hell, lol, Drink nailed it with the situation, plus I will add Motte has become a bit injury prone with his size and the physical game he plays game in and game out, I liked the guy a lot but feel he only has a couple of more good years left and needs to earn as much as he can, I'd love to see him win a cup with the Rangers, he'll definitely help them in the playoffs. It's a shame they couldn't move Boeser and his play lately sure didn't help, I would've taken a 7th round pick for him, lol, just for the cap space.

anyone else notice that this slow start funk and brutal play the last few games has coincided with Hogs being out of the line up, that kid is a sparkplug and exudes energy every shift, aside from defensive gaffs he brings a lot of energy to this team and it's infectious imho, bruce there it is, ha !!!

Back