Canucks 2021 Season

Who are you rating as the dead wood? I’d say Dickinson is certainly one of them.
Yah Dickinson for sure as JB got fooled as Dickinson had a great playoff with Dallas last year. Same issue with Schmidt the year before with Vegas. Too slow, can't get there to make contact and too date has not been a reliable penalty killer. Brock BB6 is another not necessarily deadwood but is one dimensional and his 5x5 play has been questionable all year along with his upcoming contract. Hunt, dime a dozen defender who does his best but size is a deterrent. Rathbone is tearing up the AHL and needs to be get some meaningful NHL experience to see what he is.
I also think losing Sutter for the year hurt more than was let on. Wish Myers wasn't such a cream puff so not sure what to do with him as well. Replace Halak as he really doesn't bring me any confidence on any shot directed his way. Small show me window but Spencer Martin could be an adequate cheap replacement.

IMO anyone not named Petterson , Demko or Hughes can go , I’d like to see Horvat stay as well , that way you have 2 legitimate top centers, I’d like to keep Miller but does he want to stay and at what price , the Canucks are way too slow to compete , their D have trouble moving the puck and besides Schenn no toughness at all , like none , long way to go to compete

Who was that team? Figures, just like RiverBoy predicted. Demko, EP40 and OEL best of the bunch. In my opinion best offensive game in a Canucks uniform for OEL. Most likely getting away from Myers and teaming up with Schenn was the ticket. Dermott I thought struggled with the increased responsibility so that 3rd round pick may unfortunately look good on the Leafs. Time will tell I guess.

Who was that team? Figures, just like RiverBoy predicted. Demko, EP40 and OEL best of the bunch. In my opinion best offensive game in a Canucks uniform for OEL. Most likely getting away from Myers and teaming up with Schenn was the ticket. Dermott I thought struggled with the increased responsibility so that 3rd round pick may unfortunately look good on the Leafs. Time will tell I guess.
It seems to me that OEL becomes a different much better player when Hughes is out of the lineup. He becomes the go to guy and it works for him.

It seems to me that OEL becomes a different much better player when Hughes is out of the lineup. He becomes the go to guy and it works for him.
He is because that's his strength and what he's always done all his career, be the go to guy and always 1st pp unit, Canucks under use him when Hughes is in the lineup. OEL is good defensively but offense is why he's paid so much. I think Schmidt bolted because he was put in a similar situation after being promised better minutes etc., I think OEL is just happy to be out of arizona and will do whatever . This is a big problem for Rathbone (and the canucks) as he is the same type of player as Hughes, plus you have OEL. There will be some trades in the offseason and one of those 3 will be gone most likely for some more defensive bigger d man.

For some reason Vegas looks so ordinary some nights, though the Canucks forechecked really well

Does Phoenix have the worst uniforms in the league or what , my god why haven’t they been redesigned

Good win last night against Arizona but costly as Horvat is out at least 2 weeks. I am afraid fun while it lasted and lots of credit to the overall team effort and entertainment value. Hoglander successful surgery to repair his groin tear.
Big question now is Bruce B going to get a contract extension? He deserves it for sure but the rumour mill has GM Allvin looking at some up and coming Swedish coach. Hard no from me as it's time to move on from any inexperienced foreign coach and time to stick with what's working. Sure hope that's not the case.

Solid team effort against Dallas last night. Cracker of a game as the journey continues. Warrior Schenn, what can you say about what he brings to the team. Really liked Lockwood's NHL speed and Highmore made a difference on the 4th line.
Dallas IMHO is going nowhere in the playoffs with their existing goaltending.
Ottawa tonight as they have always played well against the Canucks.

Sure like how Podkolzin is turning out. Petterson looks good, and Garland and Schenn, they all look good, lol.
Not sure if anyone has noticed but Myers is now a plus 22, tops on the team. Not bad for a guy that gets ragged on all the time.

Sure like how Podkolzin is turning out. Petterson looks good, and Garland and Schenn, they all look good, lol.
Not sure if anyone has noticed but Myers is now a plus 22, tops on the team. Not bad for a guy that gets ragged on all the time.
Agree in particular Podkolzin as teaming up with Miller has brought some extra confidence. As for Myers I would be first one to admit about ragging on him. Mostly directed to his weak outlet passing and passive stick checking defensive style. Playing with OEL I will assume is a factor with the +- but no longer laying flat on the PK and lately he has shown a willingness to be much more aggressive. In particular last night he was laying on the lumber with some excellent body checking.
Totally different player under the new coaching staff.

Agree in particular Podkolzin as teaming up with Miller has brought some extra confidence. As for Myers I would be first one to admit about ragging on him. Mostly directed to his weak outlet passing and passive stick checking defensive style. Playing with OEL I will assume is a factor with the +- but no longer laying flat on the PK and lately he has shown a willingness to be much more aggressive. In particular last night he was laying on the lumber with some excellent body checking.
Totally different player under the new coaching staff.
Agreed on Myers with new coach. Not sure about the OEL reasoning as Myers is plus 22 and OEL is only plus 9.

one of those streaks where they are winning by committee - everyone seeming to dig a bit deeper to do their part. Hoping they keep the run alive, even though odds are stacked against them. At least it's fun to watch again!

I think Podkolzin playing up in the lineup is really helping him and with Garland and Miller , solid line

One of the best games Meyers has played in while , but you know he’ll be back to his usual self in no time , kinda reminds me of Virtanin , it’s the toolbox not the tools . Having Highmore back is huge , really makes that line work , not sure about Lockwood yet , but that line looks good again , the Canucks always look like the small team doesn’t matter who they play , need a couple of more guys like Schenn

Well that hurt lol Ottawa really came back hard and capitalized on our **** poor play for a bit there. 1 pt but I think its the final nail in the coffin which sucks! I thought for sure all the guys were clicking! to just fall short sucks but that's what you get when you start crappy...

Pedi was falling down all night or just missing the net .. Off night **** hapopens as they have been playing great for the most part... think they may have missed Horvat last night for sure...

i think they have played pretty well considering they have so many top forwards missing.

I hope they sneak in but the reality is, if they do they’re gonna get Colorado who is going to ruin them. might be a good thing for the youngsters to just miss the playoffs so they learn not to take nights off earlier in the season when it feels like it doesn’t count.

Pedi was falling down all night or just missing the net .. Off night **** hapopens as they have been playing great for the most part... think they may have missed Horvat last night for sure...
Missed the game, so did the PVR thing this morning. I thought the 1st 2 goals in 10 shots might have set a false expectation for the night. Laid back for about 8 minutes for the start of the 2nd and 3rd which in turn gave Ottawa life. Fought hard mostly, numerous missed opportunities but got to give Ottawa credit. Warts were starting show with Horvat out as Petan isn't the answer.
Definitely Petey wasn't clicking, played passively, struggled with the puck, passed off numerous times rather than shooting so I wonder if his wrist isn't 100%. On to Minny who's home record is tough to beat.

I’m glad the unicorn quality chance of sneaking in the playoffs is almost over. I don’t want the new regime to get a false feeling of comfort. They need to do some serious surgery with at least 2 core players going

Back