Canucks 2023-2024 season

Well here we are at it again, who knows what the 2023 brings us but a great start against a not ready Edmonton team. Lumberjack Draisaitl was a nasty piece of work along with Nurse. Canucks defence top 4 looked poised especially new additions Cole and Hronek. McJesus post game negative comments about Demko being pulled. Someone should have told him Demko had just thrown up in his mask. Flu bug.
Had to rewind the PVR a couple of times in the Leafs opener as the commentator stated “ everyone is sick and tired of the Bedard hype and everyone should just get over it”. Coming from Leaf land that is hilarious..

Last edited:
Go Flyers!!

Did anyone hear that Bedard got fined by Gary for something he did before the puck drop in his first regular season game? He got on the ice for the pre-game skate without a helmet and Gary dinged him $2500 for the infraction of no helmet.

Last edited:
Go Flyers!!

Didi anyone hear that Bedard got fined by Gary for something he did before the puck drop in his first regular season game? He got on the ice for the pre-game skate without a helmet and Gary dinged him $2500 for the infraction of no helmet.
Yeah pretty ridiculous, you have to have a certain seniority now to do that

Go Flyers!!

Did anyone hear that Bedard got fined by Gary for something he did before the puck drop in his first regular season game? He got on the ice for the pre-game skate without a helmet and Gary dinged him $2500 for the infraction of no helmet.
Betman is still alive? Jesus, it’s 2023 time for him to retire to Florida and hang out at Mar a Largo. Next thing he’ll ban Bedard from going on tik tok.

Gutsy win and thanks to DeSmith we didn’t bend. Hronek and Lafferty are very welcome additions.Let’s face it the Oilers are a handful but with McJesus whining all night it’s a welcome win. I will take It. Miller and EP40 were beasts.
Next big ask how can I get rid of those absolutely unbearable naked gaming ads! Garbage but that’s me.

Last edited:
The biggest two changes I’ve noticed in the first two games is the Canucks have better body position when fighting for pucks along the boards and they’re cutting off the passing lanes in their own end, picking off the seam passes. The last few years, those east-west passes were uncontested and it just creates havoc in the defensive zone and grade-A scoring chances.

Gutsy win and thanks to DeSmith we didn’t bend. Hronek and Lafferty are very welcome additions.Let’s face it the Oilers are a handful but with McJesus whining all night it’s a welcome win. I will take I Miller and EP40 were beasts.
Next big ask how can I get rid of those absolutely unbearable naked gaming ads! Garbage but that’s me.
I tape every game and start watching 20-30 min after it starts, commercial free and finish about 5 to 10 min. After game is over, also can rewind plays I want when I want. I only watch live at a bar.

The biggest two changes I’ve noticed in the first two games is the Canucks have better body position when fighting for pucks along the boards and they’re cutting off the passing lanes in their own end, picking off the seam passes. The last few years, those east-west passes were uncontested and it just creates havoc in the defensive zone and grade-A scoring chances.
Couldn’t agree more with the picking off seam passes, lot more active sticks out there and heads up

I tape every game and start watching 20-30 min after it starts, commercial free and finish about 5 to 10 min. After game is over, also can rewind plays I want when I want. I only watch live at a bar.
I do exactly the same thing

A lot more puck pressure as well against the opposing team, amazing what happens when you force the other team in their own end. Pucks get coughed up and chances become available!

I thought the Canucks were doomed Saturday night when Myers started and the oil scored first shift , I think the additions of some better dmen and checking forwards along with tocchets defence first system will do the Canucks well , they have the offence , it was always the defence that needed improving

I like that Tocchet bag-skated them in practice yesterday, after they got into Philly. Set the tone early that they must not get complacent just because they beat the Oilers. Apparently was yelling at them at one point that they need to “earn their ice time”.

Back