Canucks 2021 Season

Entertaining game against the rejuvenated Habs. Miller the stud with 4 points and Petey on his game it was a deserving win. Schenn was stellar and overall a good team victory to start the homestand.
Myers has some work to do, Lammikko really looking like steal by JB but Pearson was puck watching on the 3rd Habs goal.

Entertaining game against the rejuvenated Habs. Miller the stud with 4 points and Petey on his game it was a deserving win. Schenn was stellar and overall a good team victory to start the homestand.
Myers has some work to do, Lammikko really looking like steal by JB but Pearson was puck watching on the 3rd Habs goal.
meshing at the right time and getting hot, would be nice if they can kick the soilers out of the wild card race and squeek in then keep on rolling but only time will tell after the trade deadline.

meshing at the right time and getting hot, would be nice if they can kick the soilers out of the wild card race and squeek in then keep on rolling but only time will tell after the trade deadline.
We have a better shot at third than we do at the wildcard spot. Gotta just win games though.

LA is past due for a meltdown lol

Attachments

• B4068A32-8CC9-40E8-95F2-F9425DF8C0D5.jpeg
    B4068A32-8CC9-40E8-95F2-F9425DF8C0D5.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 17
They won't if they don't clean up their own end. Still too many give aways/turnovers and Demko can't stop them all.

Interesting that Hockey News has them ranked at #15 based on Demko, Miller, their PP and PK and the turn around of the team as a whole.

Cheers

SS

I still say sell Miller when he’s at his peak , the trade deadline or in the summer , he’s having a career year , be wary of resigning to a huge deal after a career year , for those who remember Mogilny will get it , only showed up in contract years , the Flames will probably have to pay Gaudreau , ugh , Canucks are too far away from being a real contender

Miller ain't no Mogilny, and that is good.
He is a bit more of a Kesler, but I still like Miller more (for now at least), I liked Kes at the beginning too!

Miller ain't no Mogilny, and that is good.
He is a bit more of a Kesler, but I still like Miller more (for now at least), I liked Kes at the beginning too!
I wasn’t comparing the two on style , just when guys are up for contracts … , Kesler was a beast , Canucks had him in his prime when they were a contender , that’s when you pay a player , broke down pretty fast after then

Unfortunate loss in OT but entertaining 3rd as the Canucks had no puck luck, bad bounces and were mostly outmuscled in the first 2 periods. Hamonic was solid and Schenn was beast out there. Demko great has well. Washington IMHO didn't deserve the OT win as I felt the Myers penalty was weak and the mugging of Hughes by Oshie leading to the tying goal was a poor non call. Need way way more from Boeser.

I think trading away Miller is not good.. how do myyou replace a player like that?
Don’t think they will as long as he agrees to a reasonable new contract next year. He’s signed thru next year so there’s no hurry IMO

My gut tells me Boeser will be gone right after Halak soon

I am loving where the Canucks are right now personally. Who would of thought a couple of months ago that they would be in this position .....not me! Best part is we have been watching playoff type hockey for the last few weeks.....it is awesome! And yes I agree.....crazy to trade Miller, Boeser and Halak i would move for sure. I would also be floating Peterson's name out there as well.....yes, he has scored a few goals as of late, but you need to look at what he is doing when he is not scoring. I see him still falling down, giving away the puck, and watching instead of playing. Hoglander is another that is not pulling his weight as far as i am concerned.

my $0.02

I am loving where the Canucks are right now personally. Who would of thought a couple of months ago that they would be in this position .....not me! Best part is we have been watching playoff type hockey for the last few weeks.....it is awesome! And yes I agree.....crazy to trade Miller, Boeser and Halak i would move for sure. I would also be floating Peterson's name out there as well.....yes, he has scored a few goals as of late, but you need to look at what he is doing when he is not scoring. I see him still falling down, giving away the puck, and watching instead of playing. Hoglander is another that is not pulling his weight as far as i am concerned.

my $0.02
I am tiotally with you about Pettersen, I can’t see how a player that goes down so much can excel in the tough going of playoff hockey.

I think only Demko and Hughes are untouchables

I am tiotally with you about Pettersen, I can’t see how a player that goes down so much can excel in the tough going of playoff hockey.

I think only Demko and Hughes are untouchables
With contracts for Miller, Horvat and Boeser all due next year something has to give. Miller IMHO is a keeper as he brings everything the team sorely needs to be successful. You don't trade captains (Linden) but one dimensional Boeser (25-30 goals) is the one I think will bring us an up and coming young stud defenceman. Some teams need scoring and that's what Boeser brings.
As for Pettersson he does go down way to easily as mentioned so I am beginning to think he is filling out and his body hasn't caught up to his hands. Happens to a lot of us. If next year the trend continues then possibly yes he is no longer untouchable. Too much upside so that's a tough call. Hoglander is snake bitten but does have an incredible skill set so I am not giving up on him too soon. Who knows.

Last edited:
Finally, now 1-12 against the Devils. Good to see Daw being a sieve in net but our Myers (-2) was flat footed all night. Schenn and Hughes +4 which was great to see. Miller with 3 assists to extend the streak and Horvat had a huge game. On to Detroit so maybe we will see Halak as Demko really needs some rest.

Finally, now 1-12 against the Devils. Good to see Daw being a sieve in net but our Myers (-2) was flat footed all night. Schenn and Hughes +4 which was great to see. Miller with 3 assists to extend the streak and Horvat had a huge game. On to Detroit so maybe we will see Halak as Demko really needs some rest.
they are gonna play Demko into the ground so that sieve Halak will waive his No trade clause and want out of here! we got less than a week to convince him to waive

Need to GET RID OF HALAK and bring up martin and fast before demko gets completely wiped out from exhaustion or gets badly injured

I don't think Halak is tradeable right now lol. But yes I'd rather have Martin in net. We shall see who gets the Sunday game vs Buffalo.

I agree who would want Halak now , very poor body language for a professional before he got pulled in his last game

Very poor loss tonight , defence looked so bad , can we trade Boeser before the deadline ? , he can be so invisible some nights , at around 7.5 if the Canucks qualify him , trade him

Knowing the Canucks , they’ll keep all their players and miss by a couple of points , hopefully big changes in the summer

Back