Canucks 2021 Season

Well I guess a win is a win but man that was really tough to watch.
On a positive note the Bieksa tribute was great, EP40, Kuzmenko along with Horvat were outstanding. Really liked the the speed of this new guy Studnica. Myers, OEL and especially Stillman were on some far distant planet.
A true Canucks fan with all his ducks in a row watching in anticipation of a 8 goal performance dithering away. Only in Canuck land. LOL.

Attachments

• F1485322-30A7-4556-AFCE-79EC80545872.gif
    F1485322-30A7-4556-AFCE-79EC80545872.gif
    640.7 KB · Views: 27
Horvat on a goal per game pace, that's pretty impressive so far. Petey and the Russkies seem to have something good going on. I hope they keep it up.

Predators were gifted the game as the mentally weak Canucks slowly but surely disintegrated after Jeannot illegally crosschecked Bear at the start of the 2nd. Not sure what was going with the non call and Myers walking away with 17 minutes of penalty time. Nashville woke up, took some liberties and the fragile Canucks had little push back. Miller couldn't put it away,Stillman rightly benched after the 3rd goal and the shootout summed up what we are seeing. As well as the game progressed Saros was better than Demko. Demko needs to get his act together now!

I really fear the good players like Pettersson, Hughes, Kuzmenko, Horvat will flee this tire fire and not sign when their contracts are up, or will force trades. The team is saddled with bad deals they won’t be able to move and the good players in their prime will recognize this and move to greener pastures where they have a chance of winning. This team is years away from being competitive - will Pettersson and Hughes stick around for that?

No matter how bad it becomes there's always somewhere worse-look at the mess in Boston- Neely should lose his G-D job for that idiocy.

I really fear the good players like Pettersson, Hughes, Kuzmenko, Horvat will flee this tire fire and not sign when their contracts are up, or will force trades. The team is saddled with bad deals they won’t be able to move and the good players in their prime will recognize this and move to greener pastures where they have a chance of winning. This team is years away from being competitive - will Pettersson and Hughes stick around for that?
In the end part of the telling story will be what the new management and Horvat decide to do about his upcoming contract. Dicey situation if he walks or is exposed at the trade deadline as others may not want to be put in the same situation. Winning is part of it for sure but how management chooses to treat its players also has merit, although player loyalties may not have as much bearing as in the past. Look what happened in Calgary. Benning left an incredible mess. So what could be done is to somehow get Horvat signed long term now and leave no doubt to the fans and players what the management commitment is. Have some balls and trade BB6 packaging up Hogs or Garland now for whatever defensively the market will bare. Like Hogs in particular but is replaceable if he can't score. Moving on from albatross contracts such as Myers, OEL stymied by the cap isn't going to happen. Do not follow Bennings trade mark by giving up 1st round and second round draft picks to fix the unfixable. Already frustrating that the new management already over paid on the Dickinson,Chicago trade. Are you kidding me for Stillman? For now, same old, same old I am afraid.

No matter how bad it becomes there's always somewhere worse-look at the mess in Boston- Neely should lose his G-D job for that idiocy.
i agree with the off ice signing but look at their record. since they’ve gone to the finals against the canucks they had one or two bad seasons and THEY FIXED IT. Canucks just continue to piecemeal a team of scraps and has-beens together and now that they finally have some nice draft pieces in Petey Hughes and Demko they’re gonna tire of losing and head for the hills. they won’t stomach three or more years of losing and neither can i .

In the end part of the telling story will be what the new management and Horvat decide to do about his upcoming contract. Dicey situation if he walks or is exposed at the trade deadline as others may not want to be put in the same situation. Winning is part of it for sure but how management chooses to treat its players also has merit, although player loyalties may not have as much bearing as in the past. Look what happened in Calgary. Benning left an incredible mess. So what could be done is to somehow get Horvat signed long term now and leave no doubt to the fans and players what the management commitment is. Have some balls and trade BB6 packaging up Hogs or Garland now for whatever defensively the market will bare. Like Hogs in particular but is replaceable if he can't score. Moving on from albatross contracts such as Myers, OEL stymied by the cap isn't going to happen. Do not follow Bennings trade mark by giving up 1st round and second round draft picks to fix the unfixable. Already frustrating that the new management already over paid on the Dickinson,Chicago trade. Are you kidding me for Stillman? For now, same old, same old I am afraid.
the boat anchor contracts are gonna kill this team for years. that move to clear out all those contracts and acquire OEL will be one that haunts this team. Yes Eriksson sucked and Roussel lost a step and Jay Beagle contract was of course too rich. but they then used draft picks to bolster up their bottom six anyways!

Garland is meh and that Guenther kid they got for our draft picks is another kick i. the balls

Last edited:
The optics are horrible so I guess no one has any idea to what the answer is. Team is clearly not competitive, mentally weak and management has shown to date no clear direction. Should it be a rebuild? Who knows? Case in point on Monday JR throws a bomb in the dressing room and we all saw the players response against Montreal. Structure leaves the Neutral zone wide open for a free skate so not sure why the coaching staff hasn't moved to a temporary trap system. Big questions, what do you end up doing with Horvat, can Demko reinvent himself and is the coach BB on his way out. Yeo is surely not the answer in my opinion. Is JR the new Keenan and worn out his welcome all to soon?

Demko is certainly a huge issue. Just not playing up to standard, letting goals in between his legs time and again, not postioned right on screens. The guy is constantly snorting that ammonia before every period, it's not working man. What's up with that anyhow??
Miller's brain must have something wrong. Why does he constantly try to clear up the middle when the side boards are open. It's unbelievable for a talented player, who has played the game all his life, to keep doing the same thing over again and then get scored on because of it, wow.
Pearson's another one that just keeps making the same mistakes and penalties and then they get scored on, again, wow.
Very frustrating.

i was a fan of Boudreau, but not so sure anymore. what the hell is he doing playing Demko when Martin has not lost an NHL game yet? Martin is clearly playing better than Demko. I would not have given Pearson another shift after his 1st ridiculous penalty 30sec into the game

i was a fan of Boudreau, but not so sure anymore. what the hell is he doing playing Demko when Martin has not lost an NHL game yet? Martin is clearly playing better than Demko. I would not have given Pearson another shift after his 1st ridiculous penalty 30sec into the game
Pearson out 4-6 weeks. Give him some time to watch some tape lol

This season is over and the core needs to be burned to the ground.

Firing another coach won’t change much

I blame Aquallini for not embracing a re build when Linden wanted to do it

They need some stability from the top.
Look at Boston, since winning the Cup in 2011 they have been in the finals twice and are the best team in the league this year. That’s the benchmark

" I blame Aquallini for not embracing a re build when Linden wanted to do it "

Nailed it Aces

Sticking with a clearly incompetent Benning kept this franchise back from being a contender , the team is hard to watch

Back