Canucks 2021 Season

Things are getting a little more enjoyable being a Canucks fan. Good game again last night. Horvat is really lighting it up, which is good to see. Quinn Hughes finally gets a goal, which was a nice one.

Agree for sure that their play has improved. Hughes was outstanding and what about that Horvat.
Third period though bad habits crept in again as the Sharks pinched but the Canucks at least this time held their own.
Miller is in some kind of funk and needs to get his feet moving like last year.
The huge question is what do about the Horvat contract?

Canucks, unfortunately, still have serious issues in their own zone. On one Sharks scoring play they left two Sharks alone in front/side of the net in one of their defensive scrambles! I can't see, again unfortunately, how they can keep BoHo, given their cap issues, as he is really their only tradeable player in terms of getting a good return. Don't mean to be a downer, but I wish the team would get on with whatever their plan is for the future. It will probably come down to the trade deadline, and Boho will continue to increase his worth until then.

Canucks, unfortunately, still have serious issues in their own zone. On one Sharks scoring play they left two Sharks alone in front/side of the net in one of their defensive scrambles! I can't see, again unfortunately, how they can keep BoHo, given their cap issues, as he is really their only tradeable player in terms of getting a good return. Don't mean to be a downer, but I wish the team would get on with whatever their plan is for the future. It will probably come down to the trade deadline, and Boho will continue to increase his worth until then.
My biggest fear is the Canucks will be in the playoff race by the trade deadline and they keep Bo for a playoff run and get squat for him when he becomes UFA.

I’ve seen this movie waaaaaaaaaaay too many times as a fan. they need to start replenishing the empty cupboards.

Can't agree more with Myers and for sure 8 years of that idiot Benning is taking it's toll.
New management team blew it in hindsight with the long term signing of Miller and of course now a Horvat signing is a difficult task. I personally think their silence suggests management is ok with the pain. As expected let the media run amuck and guess what a full on toxic environment. Let's face it the draft is the only way and they really should have started the tank a few years ago to have a shot at Bernard. Right in our own backyard. Who would have known.

Can't agree more with Myers and for sure 8 years of that idiot Benning is taking it's toll.
New management team blew it in hindsight with the long term signing of Miller and of course now a Horvat signing is a difficult task. I personally think their silence suggests management is ok with the pain. As expected let the media run amuck and guess what a full on toxic environment. Let's face it the draft is the only way and they really should have started the tank a few years ago to have a shot at Bernard. Right in our own backyard. Who would have known.
Who's Bernard? Now Bedard needs to pull a "Lindros" for the home town fans.

Who's Bernard? Now Bedard needs to pull a "Lindros" for the home town fans.
Yah he is a very good friend who just moved to Courtenay. Crappy hockey player by the way. As for Bedard wouldn't he be something in a Canuck jersey.

Last edited:
I am immune to all this talk .

1. I grew up outside of Toronto and watched the Leafs fall through the nine circles of hell.

2. I was a Grizzlies season ticket holder.
I shared 1/2 Canucks seasons tickets and simultaneously had 1/4 of Grizzlies seasons tickets for a while, so I feel your pain. Luckily, basketball was new and exciting so it wasn’t quite as painful to sit through as the hockey was.

I shared 1/2 Canucks seasons tickets and simultaneously had 1/4 of Grizzlies seasons tickets for a while, so I feel your pain. Luckily, basketball was new and exciting so it wasn’t quite as painful to sit through as the hockey was.

Agreed now we have 4 seats behind the home team dugout for the Vancouver Canadians, and 4 tickets for the Seahawks

For convenient enjoyment nothing can beat the Canadians on a summer night

Since I have owned my Seahawks seats they have made it to 3 Superbowl's and won one.

We had Mariners seats for a while but no organization treats their season ticket holders worse than the Mariners

I have a theory about Aquilini. it’s not really a reach either. he paid $250 million for the canucks AND GM PLACE. the team alone is evaluated at over one billion dollars and i haven’t the foggiest on the value of the real estate.

i dont think he gives a flying eff how bad this team is because he’s already won. additionally, all the controversy and talk around the team is still press. it’s bad press, but it’s still press

Good win last night against the former cup champs.

Notice how on the Miller empty netter how not many smiles were shared

:)

I'm not a Miller fan and can't agree more that the signing of him was a mistake and that money should have gone to are captain bo.

Our upper management and ownership is far more toxic then our dressing room though...

I wish the canucks would embrace a rebuild year, ideally this year, and have at hope at bedard in the lottery. But hey, it's vancouver so 5% vs 25% who cares, we would still likely lose the kid to the Leafs haha. The canucks draft curse in full effect lives on.

I wish the canucks would embrace a rebuild year, ideally this year, and have at hope at bedard in the lottery. But hey, it's vancouver so 5% vs 25% who cares, we would still likely lose the kid to the Leafs haha. The canucks draft curse in full effect lives on.
Totally agree. I’m not usually a fan of tanking but this year I am

Btw not to derail but that will be a heck of a game in Seattle this weekend. Packers loss and hawks win they make it in. Detroit is hot so unlikely. See how it goes.

I have a theory about Aquilini. it’s not really a reach either. he paid $250 million for the canucks AND GM PLACE. the team alone is evaluated at over one billion dollars and i haven’t the foggiest on the value of the real estate.

i dont think he gives a flying eff how bad this team is because he’s already won. additionally, all the controversy and talk around the team is still press. it’s bad press, but it’s still press
Nail On Head! and unfortunately this is the business model of many other owners/groups in the NHL and many other professional sports leagues. IMHO

Nail On Head! and unfortunately this is the business model of many other owners/groups in the NHL and many other professional sports leagues. IMHO
Pat Quinn said in a Vancouver tv interview that “.500 hockey is a success”.

Team owners are able to invest and ride the appreciation pony. Even perennially bad teams increase exponentially in value.

Back