Campion Explorer 185 Anchor Storage

Bearded wonder

I own a mid 1990’s Campion Explorer. I just bought an anchor for it and was wondering how others store their anchor on these boats. It has a bow anchor roller and the little storage locker in the bow for the line.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i get all mine in the bow locker. i have a Bruce style anchor. a danforth style would never fit. it is quite tight however. i have cut up pool noodles placed in strategic spots so the anchor doesn’t contact the hull whatsoever.

i get all mine in the bow locker. i have a Bruce style anchor. a danforth style would never fit. it is quite tight however. i have cut up pool noodles placed in strategic spots so the anchor doesn’t contact the hull whatsoever.

I will look into a Brice style anchor. I bought a danforth style.

what weight is your anchor?

For the Danforth you can get two galvanized or stainless clips that hold the tips of the flukes on the bow of your boat. Then there is a bracket with a thumb screw to hold the shank in place while running. When it’s time to drop anchor you just have to undue the thumb screw and throw the anchor overboard. The rode will go into and be stored in the anchor locker. A lot of older boats without power windlass’s used this system.

Oly

Back