Campell rivers fishing pier

H

heavy nets33

Hey, im knew to this forum and im just wondering if fishing at discovery pier is any good? Im probably going to use buzz bombs. Any usefull tips are much appreciated.

Thanks, heavy nets

THanks eman. JUst wondering buzz bombs are probably my best bet but doews anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks, heavy nets

Thanks alot last chance. Im gonna try that somtime this weekend hopefully it works

heavy nets

I think the seasonal closures are in effect right now so you won't be able to try the cut-plug thing. Only artificial lures with single barbless hooks are allowed.

Top jigs on the pier are chrome style jigs or needle fish style jigs. Although buzz bombs do work. Watch the old timers they catch the biggest hogs year after year mind you put in the time and reap the rewards. Key is not to cast way out as you will snag alot and most fish are hooked up close to the pier. Single barbless on every lure being used is the reg. No Bait no attractent. Don't be affraid of chatting with guys on the pier the for the most part they are pretty friendly and willing to give you a few pointers and will help you net your fish.

Cheers ME

Thanks, my escape!

So i shouldnt cast out, just let it down to the bottom and rell it up 5 or 10 turns and just jig?

Lots flick it out under hand a short distance vs an over hand cast and do a slow jig / retrieve and repeat. When you are there you will see what I mean kinda hard to explain. Although I have a boat I do go there and fish a few times a year during prime time Mid Aug To Mid Sept. Only caught one to date about 14 lbs. Soon there will be lots of pinks around.

Cheers ME

Hey dude,

I was out there in mid may and there were only a few guys out there fishing. The replies you just got seem like the exact info we got on the pier. Dont try casting accross to Quadra island the guys joked.

We used heavy silver spoons and jigged about 15-20 feet ahead of the pier. We let the current take the jig but tried not to snag the bottom.

We were pretty lucky, my bro hooked into a 12-13lbs but by the time I got the net in the water...gone. Rookie mistake. I had to run the WHOLE pier to get the net. Usually there is one at every garbage. Not that time.

Oh well! Good luck

Do you know what kind of salmon it was???

thanks, heavy nets

Back