Campbell River Reports 2012

We tried prawning around the area this weekend, but only came up with enough for dinner with friends. Weather was great, lots of boats out and about but never saw anyone land anything. Loving the sunshine this summer!!

23white.jpgI came up there from Victoria with the family and had a great longweekend and stayed on Quadra. Fished a fair bit and caught and released probably 50 jacks and had a battle with a seal....he got the meat, but at least I got the gear back!....lost a nice chinook around 10lb off Wilby Shoal and then landed the highlight of the weekend; a nice chrome 23lb white chinook. It took it right out of the clip and screamed line out for a couple hundred feet. Good battle. 50' in 80', glow flasher, 3.5" coyote glow army truck.

I also went and tried my luck in the tyee pool on a standup paddle board. It was cool to see all of the row boats jockeying for position.

All in all a good weekend with great weather.
AP

Lots of big doggies out there. Finning and jumping all over the place. Only heard of one or two landed yesterday morning and then the bite was off.
We were at Plumper, Separation and Green Seas.
Once the fog lifted it was a beauty day on the water.

GS

Slayed at browns bay last Sunday 10 chum and 3 coho in the boat,then went out last Thursday and only got 1 chum in the boat and a small hatchery coho.. Heading out tomorrow I'll let you know how we make out

Went out browns bay yesterday flat calm and no wind ,we hooked into our first fish within 5 min on a pink apex I know right I thought the same thing when my buddy put it on. After our first fish was landed nothing for 4hrs we decided to pop our gear and head to deep water bay well as I brought my last rod in a 15lb slab was side splashing right towards my gear then all of a sudden smash I'll tell ya this changed out tactics for the next hr fishing at 10ft and 30ft instead of 60 and 80 but we had no luck we packed her inn shortly after twelve and went hunting for the rest of the afternoon .It seems our best luck came around the full moon like the solunar table says

Back