Bute /stewart island??

sven

anybody, been fishin up this way. Lookin to head somewhere this week for some day trips.Wanna head up to bute area, and dont really know were to go. If someone could let me know where to try up there, save me the searchin around. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks guys

I'll get back to you later on today when I have more time. I know some stuff about fishing there, but I am by no means an expert.

SIR should be able to pass on some info.

FishWish

Bute inlet is mostly a early summer chinook fishery; however, they are now allowing catch and release up the head of the inlet this year and it may be interesting to see how late summer does. You typicaly fish around Orford River. You can also get fish just past Arran rapids on the mainland side; you can also fish around Johnston's Bluff. Typical bait and hootchies fairly in close near bottom.

There's no gas at Big Bay anymore so you need to bring extra with you. Bute Inlet is 50 miles long and you need fuel particularly if you are planning to fish Orford River or beyond. Prawning is good in the inlet (look for bouys, some commercial guys setting there). Send me a PM for more info.

Just got back, Went up 2/3 of the way and caught fish and prawns,
fished lower down today and there was action there as well. If you have a couple day's it's worth a try but start lower down. 80-110 Hootchies were as good as chovies. Nice and quiet up there.

The farthest I have been up bute was to fawn bluffs. it was summer and beautiful up there. Is there any fishing around that area or are we talkin farther up??

Thanks guys

Fawn had some good action yesterday and the day before. Prawn in the bay and fish on either side of it around 100' close to the bottom.

If you go through the Arran rapids the last point before you travel across to Fawn Bluff can be good (the point is hard to miss). I would also fish approx 5 miles past Fawn Bluff and on the other side of the inlet. The next stop would then be Orford River area. The scenery gets better the further up the inlet you go. Watch for outflow winds coming down the inlet, at times they can generate a heavy sea.

Thanks for the tips guys, probly head up there on friday, then go try some hali fishing in mcneil on the weekend as its supposed to be nice out.

Back