Build Thread - Allied Boats 30’x10’ aluminum catamaran (Wildcat #2)

I swung by Allied today with a dozen pizzas, drinks, and cookies. Figured that’s a better way to say thanks than just the handshakes and saying thanks. It gave me a chance to really walk through the boat without anyone else in it 😂

Things are getting more exciting for me. She’s getting close. The Raymarine Cyclone radar looks tall now, but it’s because the life raft will be mounted just forward of it. Once that’s installed, it won’t appear so high.
13F06AD2-D1CE-4ADF-B81F-08E26E597042.jpeg70FC5A57-D8D8-4840-AFFE-5B9BDDE5F106.jpeg1FF8A98F-2298-4F65-8EB7-E5E1D51905C6.jpegB7C51B6D-A5F4-4A95-9C67-BEAE51B15795.jpeg8B7F02BB-D870-4453-B16E-72D8EE26DD3B.jpeg

10 SS Burrnewiin bases - 6 aft, 2 midship, 2 at the bow
E47937FA-A143-40D3-BE2D-CA90169097E6.jpeg

74084B29-A506-4992-9122-703559A3EE76.jpeg20B2BCE8-45C7-414E-8875-548349D1A306.jpegE0DBDBF2-A5D6-4E5D-AE22-8788292A395D.jpeg

She will have a SS175M in one sponson and a SS175HW in the other sponson.
AAA4DDAD-2802-4E86-BB4C-B5CFEA8DF701.jpeg

Last edited:
42FDD283-0340-4A60-A6D6-79184E775365.jpeg
09C3A7E2-A3B6-4319-8AD1-BDE6223ACBAD.jpeg

Throttles are already positioned for normal operation 😂95933353-DD36-4C7D-B193-53246617BDB5.jpeg

The SHOCKWAVE seats and bases are 4-6 weeks out, but they sent the fabrics for the transom seats and bow seat. You might think I have a thing for orange and white. I do👍
54747915-2072-4632-82B2-F4C76C4F19EB.jpegC52BC2BD-B933-49D9-9D46-9735989C154B.jpeg

Looking great. I plan to come down to the Seattle Boat Show this year and am looking forward to seeing the finished product. And, I stole your idea on the fish boxes for my build. I had to use a slightly smaller sized tote to fit the area designated for the boxes but should work great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Got a much needed boat build fix in yesterday. Lots of little custom work got done since my last visit.
Wildcat 1 had the twin Raymarine Axioms on RAM mounts at the transom. Worked awesome while jigging finally and running the downriggers, but I hated having to install and remove both units each day. I dang sure wasn’t going to leave them mounted up for any tweaked to just walk by and steal though. Plus, the WiFi signal from the transom to the helm was t quite strong enough to give consistent signal to clone one to my iPad at the helm.

This time, all the Axioms are flush mounted in custom enclosures. 1 at the transom
42B3E3A1-7F4F-424E-B840-719A0E7B5D2A.jpeg

One at the back of the cabin. This one will get cloned to my iPad at the helm, effectively giving me a fourth MFD. We’ll have USB ports in the das(, to keep full brightness for the screen

5CFFA26C-BEC8-42A2-83C9-85F1546AA9D8.jpeg

And the 12” Pro at the helm
AD87D4C1-9BBC-420F-B098-E6A19D3C3075.jpeg

Almost all the wiring is done. They included a spare fuse block so I can add my tunes, dual dash cams, and a couple other toys down the road.
32A40011-F338-4853-B0D1-C609B09008B4.jpeg

The battery switch panel was customized to included the ACRs, a couple switches for key pieces, and provide easy access for the fuses to the 6 Scotty plugs. I’ve not had many fuses blow, but when they did, it was when things were a bit hectic. I’ll have to remember to make sure the spare fuses are just as easy to get to 😂
40F8BF3C-804A-4D02-8AA0-57DA13BEBC8A.jpeg

The FW sink is done too. A little FW for rinsing gear and salt off the sunglasses is nice.
A5F38294-6084-4CE1-9618-D94181198594.jpeg

Got a much needed boat build fix in yesterday. Lots of little custom work got done since my last visit.
Wildcat 1 had the twin Raymarine Axioms on RAM mounts at the transom. Worked awesome while jigging finally and running the downriggers, but I hated having to install and remove both units each day. I dang sure wasn’t going to leave them mounted up for any tweaked to just walk by and steal though. Plus, the WiFi signal from the transom to the helm was t quite strong enough to give consistent signal to clone one to my iPad at the helm.

This time, all the Axioms are flush mounted in custom enclosures. 1 at the transom
View attachment 88260

One at the back of the cabin. This one will get cloned to my iPad at the helm, effectively giving me a fourth MFD. We’ll have USB ports in the das(, to keep full brightness for the screen

View attachment 88255

And the 12” Pro at the helm
View attachment 88254

Almost all the wiring is done. They included a spare fuse block so I can add my tunes, dual dash cams, and a couple other toys down the road.
View attachment 88251

The battery switch panel was customized to included the ACRs, a couple switches for key pieces, and provide easy access for the fuses to the 6 Scotty plugs. I’ve not had many fuses blow, but when they did, it was when things were a bit hectic. I’ll have to remember to make sure the spare fuses are just as easy to get to 😂
View attachment 88259

The FW sink is done too. A little FW for rinsing gear and salt off the sunglasses is nice.
I doubt there is going to be a more feature packed boat at the boat show. 4 screens to look at, what will do with the peace and quite of not yelling out, 60, 55, 50 BRING EM UP as you yell at your guys at the downriggers.

I hear you about fuses blowing in mayhem, I remember on my current and previous boat loosing all power and thinking which breaker, fuse, switch to start with as it usually started with, DR or mfc not working, always 5+ miles offshore. I had a full rewire done but not centralized and simplified like that!

They did an awesome job on the rod storage doors at the front of the cuddy. With pretty much every other boat, we have to carry rods into the cabin, then angle them to lay them in a pile in the cuddy for overnight storage. Get em out in the morning and there’s always a couple that have tangled lines around other guides, etc…. Things should now be easier and less chance for that cluster.

Someone can sit in the cuddy and someone else can hand the rods through these doors, from the bow. Rods will be laid on each of the single beds. Easily up to 10’ rods will fit. It’s a straight shot. Much less chance for them to tangle with each other. I’ll try to put together a video showing how this goes, once she’s done.
EDED0CA1-3F01-4EAE-B429-C92C6556F6AB.jpegA2B7D9B5-ACFD-4A9C-A46A-FBCF86F61382.jpeg61E90ED5-ACD7-4A96-B95B-8E0D93D41425.jpeg957AC4A9-711A-4B4B-8ABD-9C0D261E807C.jpeg

Here is 1 of the 3 Plano tackle stations. 2 under the aft cabin seats and 1 under the FW sink. Room for 9 3700 boxes. I should be able to carry plenty of slow pitch jigs, neat and tidy :)
E6E65EC2-6A8F-4F93-9144-2E61A014CAA7.jpeg

I ordered SKAR speakers and amp. Tunes will be ran through the Raymarine and SiriusXM networks. Will be able to control the volume and channel from any of the Axioms. Four 6” and two 8” speakers pushed by a 1,000 watt (rms) amp will give plenty of volume and base (albacore love OG gansta rap)

8F426855-0444-4CD8-A895-DDC4A86EE780.jpeg

You can kind of see the two bullet cameras on the amp, I bought a pretty decent dual dash cam setup that motorcycle folks use. Totally waterproo. It’ll be hardwired, so no worry about a dead battery during a great bite later in the day. There is more than enough memory for all day HD footage. One looking forward to see what we are running into and the kids jigging on the bow, and one looking aft, over the cockpit and transom to catch all the action back there.

Lastly, SHOCKWAVE messaged me with an update. They started work on my S2 helm seat. It’ll probably be finished next week. That was good to hear.

Last edited:
Wow,that is amazing workmanship and design,looks like you've thought of everything.Here I am wondering if I can afford 1 Axiom.:cool:

They did an awesome job on the rod storage doors at the front of the cuddy. With pretty much every other boat, we have to carry rods into the cabin, then angle them to lay them in a pile in the cuddy for overnight storage. Get em out in the morning and there’s always a couple that have tangled lines around other guides, etc…. Things should now be easier and less chance for that cluster.

Someone can sit in the cuddy and someone else can hand the rods through these doors, from the bow. Rods will be laid on each of the single beds. Easily up to 10’ rods will fit. It’s a straight shot. Much less chance for them to tangle with each other. I’ll try to put together a video showing how this goes, once she’s done.
View attachment 88261View attachment 88262View attachment 88263View attachment 88264

Here is 1 of the 3 Plano tackle stations. 2 under the aft cabin seats and 1 under the FW sink. Room for 9 3700 boxes. I should be able to carry plenty of slow pitch jigs, neat and tidy :)
View attachment 88265

I ordered SKAR speakers and amp. Tunes will be ran through the Raymarine and SiriusXM networks. Will be able to control the volume and channel from any of the Axioms. Four 6” and two 8” speakers pushed by a 1,000 watt (rms) amp will give plenty of volume and base (albacore love OG gansta rap)

View attachment 88266

You can kind of see the two bullet cameras on the amp, I bought a pretty decent dual dash cam setup that motorcycle folks use. Totally waterproo. It’ll be hardwired, so no worry about a dead battery during a great bite later in the day. There is more than enough memory for all day HD footage. One looking forward to see what we are running into and the kids jigging on the bow, and one looking aft, over the cockpit and transom to catch all the action back there.

Lastly, SHOCKWAVE messaged me with an update. They started work on my S2 helm seat. It’ll probably be finished next week. That was good to hear.
Shoot me a link to the camera? Might be a good alternative to keeping go pros rolling to catch the hits.

I haven’t used it yet, but I did a lot of searching and reviews.

VSYSTO B6E Motorcycle Dash Cam Dual 1080p Sony Starvis Waterproof Motorbike Camera Recorder DVR with Front and Rear 150° Wide Angle Lens, WiFi GPS HDR Night Vision G-Sensor Loop Recording Enabled https://a.co/d/5codjGp

Had to go back to Alabama for a week for my GF’s dad’s funeral. Damn pancreatic cancer got him after 3 years. Erica had been there since late November, with a few days back home and on the Alabama coast. We got home Wednesday night and needed to be at Allied today to get the hull sharkhided. The inside needed a proper washing with a good degreaser soap (dawn works well) before we could do the other prep (lacquer thinner all the aluminum). That bath wasn’t happening in their shop, so that will have to wait until after the z Seattle Boat Show. At least we got the outside of the boat sharkhided!
C24DB264-6B0B-4BAF-BE5F-8460DB387FFC.jpeg

The great news is that these bad boys were all installed? Five Shockwave S5 Sentinel bases with their Corbin seats and a S2 with the drop down seat. All custom upholstery. Shockwave did an awesome job helping me pick the colors and materials (Tanis really, for those who know her. Super nice to work with). She also made sure they got these to us in the time promised. Big thanks, it was a short time frame. Had we not been up in Tofino for the tourney, I probably never would have reached out to them. Glad they had a boat there!

I played around with the swivels and slides. They’re not mucking around with their hardware. Super beefy.

Next time I see her will be at the Seattle Show, 3 Feb. Who all is gonna be the first group to fart in em??? Hahahhahahaha.

C81CA257-FFC2-42A4-BFDE-126DB5560E9B.jpeg01E4438E-A20F-4A7E-8E07-BC20B496FCC6.jpegC305824A-3752-4EF8-8CE1-42A19696758F.jpegEFDE83AD-3A53-4921-8762-31683DA97CC5.jpeg

Seconding the great work and assistance of Tanis at Shockwave .

She wrangled our seats and delivered them on time with a custom colour during the first part of the pandemic when supply chains were at their most challenging.

The great news is that these bad boys were all installed? Five Shockwave S5 Sentinel bases with their Corbin seats and a S2 with the drop down seat. All custom upholstery. Shockwave did an awesome job helping me pick the colors and materials (Tanis really, for those who know her. Super nice to work with). She also made sure they got these to us in the time promised. Big thanks, it was a short time frame. Had we not been up in Tofino for the tourney, I probably never would have reached out to them. Glad they had a boat there!

Visited your boat at the boat show today. Met with Bo. Super impressive boat!
Sorry we missed you. We didn’t get there until after 4pm.

The new boat made the big time 😂😂. Alfred Montaner (has a YouTube channel, Chit Show, in Miami) visited the boat show and did a video of her and several other boats.

Also met @carpeweekend and @kaelc. Kael recorded a video for his YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@fmb-fishingmeansbusiness) with me walking through the boat that he will probably post soon, assuming I didn’t muck the whole thing up.

Anyway, it was pretty cool walking up to the boat and seeing Alfred talking to the owner of Allied about it. The dude is seriously into boats!

The new boat made the big time 😂😂. Alfred Montaner (has a YouTube channel, Chit Show, in Miami) visited the boat show and did a video of her and several other boats.

Also met @carpeweekend and @kaelc. Kael recorded a video for his YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@fmb-fishingmeansbusiness) with me walking through the boat that he will probably post soon, assuming I didn’t muck the whole thing up.

Anyway, it was pretty cool walking up to the boat and seeing Alfred talking to the owner of Allied about it. The dude is seriously into boats!
He's on it! I was hoping to run into him. I'm sitting on 20+ hours of footage to edit

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to both crawl all over your boat and ask questions. I got a lot of great ideas and insight for my build.

We did a little shakedown run a bit over a week ago. The Arima crew were out sea trialing a boat and took some video for us. Motors are mounted too low and way under pitched 16.5. We are going to raise the motors and go from 15.5” x 16.5p to 15.5” x 21.5p props. We had her fairly well loaded - 4 adults, 70 gallons of water in each fish box, 45-50 gallons of water in each of 2 drums, light fuel. So, essentially, 4 adults and full fuel tanks. We hit the max rpm (6300) of the Suzuki 350s with lots of throttle left. 44 mph, 44 gph. I’m confident that once we get the props and motor height right, we will see above 50 mph and under 50 gph. That’s neat, but I’m really looking forward to the numbers we get running 28-30 mph. That’s our typical speed when heading offshore. Any faster and we spend too much time in the air…

Haaaa. I’m contemplating keeping this one (#2) longer before listing her. Pretty dang happy with it. We do have a few cabin change plans for number 3 and part of me is looking pretty hard at the Merc V10 350 and 400s!!! Also, not ruling out the V8 300s.

Not really sure when she will get the for sale sign. Wanna buy #2? 👍

Back