Browns bay

R

ratherbefishin

Fished Browns this morning. Windy as hell and white capping. Hooked 2 fish and lost both... That is what I get for fishing 2 rods by myself in a boat that has a canopy that most sailboats would love as a sail! Dang! What a comedy show...
Saw 3 other fish pulled in. All between 6:30 and 8:00 AM

Its good to see lots of fish on there board so far. Is your name up there yet urchin?

I was up at Browns on the Weekend with no luck. We saw a few get caught by the Oak Bay Boy's but not a lot. Out of the 25-30 boats that we saw, I only saw about 6 fish put in the boat. I fished Brown's in the morning and Green Sea in the afternoon but the same could be said about it as well. We saw no fish caught at Green Sea at all, but I did talk to one guy who said that a pod of Killer Whales was spotted just around the corner to the East of Green Sea so maybe that had something to do with it

Salty, looks like a great day on the water. Where did you get them (Brown's, Deep Water, Plumper?) on what and how deep?

Heh salty spent 8 hrs last Wed only one big pink to hand snotty weather. Mabye try again WED thinking Thurston or futher up the east channel from chattam weather permitting. Your thoughts?????

Cheers ME

That day we fished we hung around browns until about noon headed up to Thurston for a couple hours then back to browns around 4 -5
Dropped the lines and before we could put any fish in the cooler we had are limit and lost a couple nice ones.

If I come up this weekend I would do the same Sorry I’m not much help MyEscape ………Maybe Snowwhite would let us know what’s going on up there, Please and thank you .

Salty

Talked to a guide buddy of mine who fished Greensea and Thurston today. He landed 1 spring (20 lbs) and 3 pinks at Greensea, all before 8:00 am and all at 120ft on chovs. Fished Greensea till 10:00, then blasted over to Thurston and fished till 15:00 for one pink..no other bites. Whales were working between Chatham and Thurston.

Funny my boss saw a limit load come off a East Quadra guide boat and a private boat fishing east of Thurston for 4-6 hours lots of fish for those who work their gear and can find where their hiding. Lots more reported from the same resort and more personally seen in CR and I am not talking the painters boats! Mabye they got into a push of fish fleaing from the whales. I believe they were fishing closer to Hall Point.

Cheers ME

Hey Salteybeaver It has slowed down big time in browns. There has been bigtime whale activity above us.Chattempoint and up threw Nodels channle.I think the whales are getting alot of our fish comeing down. So the catching is getting slow. Hallpoint and denumbay have been redhot until the whales go threw.Thats probably were those fish came from goodluck Snowwhite

We r heading up to Telegraph from Cambell R on the morning of the 8th and we needed a place to fish for the early morning.Suggestions?Depths?Tackle?

Back